FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

carlocivicsi said:
Is there anyway that you guys could write an app to increase channels to the lightbridge app? People with android devices are doing the following to increase their range.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=4838

I would like to know if there's any kind of way that you could do this for the iOS app.
You can download the application from here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 3&page=314

This app would sell a lot.

Thanks.
Unlike Lightbridge, P2V+/P2V is using 2.4G Wifi for FPV. Wifi limits using only 1 channel at a given time to avoid occupying the entire 2.4G band. P2V+ FPV is only 640x480 30fps (max), which does not require that much bandwidth and higher bandwidth may not help to increase FPV range. The key to increase FPV range is to manage S/N ratio.

PVFlyer,

I recently downloaded your booster app and achieved a distance of 3,917.4 ft away and an altitude of 1,825.5 ft... all while maintaining a solid FPV connection. I could've gone higher and further out but reached my distance limitation that I set. No mods whatsoever (bone stock P2V+). My Preview was set at 640 x 480 15fps.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    298.5 KB · Views: 386
So far my personal record with a stock phantom vision + and just the booster is 6000 ft, I chickened out brought it back right at that point . I have just added the stage 2 upgrade from FPLV so we will see if I can farther

rbarghini said:
PVFlyer,

I recently downloaded your booster app and achieved a distance of 3,917.4 ft away and an altitude of 1,825.5 ft... all while maintaining a solid FPV connection. I could've gone higher and further out but reached my distance limitation that I set. No mods whatsoever (bone stock P2V+). My Preview was set at 640 x 480 15fps.
That's a great range in dense urban area. :shock: Please keep us posted your results after setting distance limit. I bet it may out-fly 5.8G control link and trigger RTH. You probably don't need 1800ft altitude even for longer range.

Fly safe! :)

Ghostrunner007 said:
So far my personal record with a stock phantom vision + and just the booster is 6000 ft, I chickened out brought it back right at that point . I have just added the stage 2 upgrade from FPLV so we will see if I can farther
your control range reached 6000' with a stock transmitter and no mod to the 5.8?

Ghostrunner007 said:
Wow, great range with stock Wifi :D Can you post a screen shot showing 6000ft and let me know Preview Quality? I can then add your record in the Top-10 Scoreboard in the OP before you upgrade the antenna.

In your app, can you also include the ability for the phone to continuously scan for WiFi if not connected in order for it to re-connect faster once the Phantom is back in range after the WiFi signal is lost for while?
Right now most phones will scan right away when it loses connection, but then will only scan at certain intervals in order to save battery.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24071

-Scott

CH-7 Enabler Challenge

We have been re-working CH-7 Enabler for 3-4 weeks since FW 3.06 released. We managed to enable CH-7 with various approaches, which are pretty straight forward though there are pros and cons of each approach.

The real challenge is to finish the process within ~0.05 ms (millisecond, 0.00005 second) per our calculation and testing. Otherwise, some telemetry data (such as Speed & Altitude) would show N/A on Vision app though CH-7 is working properly itself. The best approach we achieved is ~0.1 ms so far, and such telemetry data might show N/A occasionally per our testing . There are also some hardware limitations to restrict us using better performance approach such as only 1.5M RAM available (out of 32M RAM) and 2M flash storage memory available in the aircraft.

We may need to convert the coding to assembly language (low-level programming language similar to machine code) for boosting 100% performance and saving such critical 0.05 ms.

Will keep you posted if any major progress of our development.

Re: CH-7 Enabler Challenge

PVFlyer said:
We have been re-working CH-7 Enabler for 3-4 weeks since FW 3.06 released. We managed to enable CH-7 with various approaches, which are pretty straight forward though there are pros and cons of each approach.

The real challenge is to finish the process within ~0.05 ms (millisecond, 0.00005 second) per our calculation and testing. Otherwise, some telemetry data (such as Speed & Altitude) would show N/A on Vision app though CH-7 is working properly itself. The best approach we achieved is ~0.1 ms so far, and such telemetry data might show N/A occasionally per our testing . There are also some hardware limitations to restrict us using better performance approach such as only 1.5M RAM available (out of 32M RAM) and 2M flash storage memory available in the aircraft.

We may need to convert the coding to assembly language (low-level programming language similar to machine code) for boosting 100% performance and saving such critical 0.05 ms.

thanks for the update, Tony. We are sitting on pins and needles for this epic release.

srandall25 said:
PFFlyer - Have you considered adding a telemetry recording feature to your app?
Recording telemetry data directly to an app via unstable Wifi network is NEVER accurate and shortening FPV range, especially flying hundreds (or even thousands) of meters away. This is due to a few considerations below.
(1) Plenty of missing records in the log file due to unstable Wifi network, while those inconsistent records are ignored;
(2) Extra bandwidth required to compete with existing FPV video/telemetry data, and it will sacrifice FPV range;
(3) Slow down response, such as tilting the camera;

As I recalled back to May, DJI illustrated a perfect solution for flight logger. It records the telemetry data to a log folder of micro SD card real time on the aircraft (like Flytrex). We can then copy/transfer the log files after flight and convert them to CSV/XML for importing to Dashware or Google Earth. If it needs to transfer such data real time over the air during flight (in case of fly away), it can use an incremental update to transfer the log file back to FPV device at regular interval. I think this is a way better solution for flight logger

For this type of feature implementation I think using assembly language is a very good approach.

Haven't thought that much of being able to tilt the camera using a physical switch rather than tapping the control in the app but the more I think about it I realize it would be a great feature and especially once I get a pair of FPV goggles.

Re: CH-7 Enabler Challenge

PVFlyer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if all we want is to have the ch7 tilt control done by lever on the remote instead of the app, is'nt it just a simple matter of disabling/bypassing that specific control in the vision+ app (since only when the vision app is started is when it overides the lever control)? Why is telemetry affected?

cahutch said:
Ch 7 enabler might be wasted effort at this point. Seems DJI is adding lever control in the next FW update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2YaDUepwQo
We were aware of that, which was a great news. I look forward for the upcoming FW update to enable long awaited CH-7 officially. We have learnt a lot during the CH-7 development, and built a pretty good framework on Vision+ for future extension.

Meanwhile, we have been working on FPV Booster V2.1 for Android.

Cool lever control will be officially supported by DJI and looking forward to the update of the Android version!

The one shown was a DJI part that I think is included on Phantom 2 controllers but not on Vision/Vision+ controllers.
I got mine from helipal but they don't seem to have them anymore.
http://www.helipal.com/phantom-24-phant ... lever.html

The white plastic ones on eBay like this appear to be the same as the DJI part.
The base part has an adhesive backing and the metal shaft is exactly the right length, no spring required.
$_12.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl