FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

WebMaximus said:
That's bad news since I've been thinking about getting a pair of Epson goggles.

Find it a bit strange though why not more people are reporting serious issues like the radar not working. Watched a YouTube clip yesterday made by a guy from here where he reviewed the usage of Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses with the P2V+ and he was very happy with how they performed.

My son has a pair of the FatShark Dominator HD glasses on order to use with his DJI F550.....we are also going to try them with my P2V by hooking my Android phone's HDMI output to the Dominator, using an additional battery to power the phone as the HDMI output eats power pretty quickly. Already tried hooking the HDMI output from my phone to my TV's HDMI in and the feed from the DJI app looked fine.

Given the price of the Dominator glasses, we felt it was a better choice than the Epson solution, albeit, we will need two people when flying.....the pilot will be flying LOS and the assistant will be wearing the Dominator glasses.

Yeah, I heard of the FatShark glasses but the way I understood it they are not compatible with the P2V+.

Re: FPV Booster App DOUBLE FPV Range

WebMaximus said:
PVFlyer said:
I think the reply from Tech Support missed a key word "tablet" as "It is not recommend to use android tablet on p2v+ app."

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Epson Moverio BT-200 goggles and I guess those would qualify as an Android "tablet".

So does this mean that might be a bad idea...?

AFAIK, there is no easy way to load our booster app onto Epson Moverio BT-200, since Google Play store is unavailable on BT-200. You may refer to FAQ of OP - "Q9. Can I boost Vision+ aircraft from one device and fly FPV with another device (including Epson Moverio BT-200)?"

As I heard from other users, BT-200 does not work well on recent versions of VISION app (since with GS feature released). This is probably BT-200 is under power (dual-core & Android 4.0) to stream video and process GS telemetry.

WebMaximus said:
Yeah, I heard of the FatShark glasses but the way I understood it they are not compatible with the P2V+.

I think it should work.....just take the HDMI cable from the Android's phone HDMI out and plug it into the FatShark's HDMI in.....that should do it. I don't think it has anything to do with the P2V+, other than its video feed to the wifi extender so that the phone app can display the camera's feed on the Android phone.....and that is then fed to the FatShark glasses.

WebMaximus said:

I think that's only if you were trying to use them wirelessly. The hdmi input should work fine.

What are the pros of the FatShark glasses over the Epson glasses?

Also, wearing the FatShark glasses how could I see and operate the DJI Vision app on my mobile? This is what I like with the Epson glasses that you have everything right in front of your eyes but at the same time you're able to see your surroundings.

PVFlyer said:
As I heard from other users, BT-200 does not work well on recent versions of VISION app (since with GS feature released). This is probably BT-200 is under power (dual-core & Android 4.0) to stream video and process GS telemetry.

But the GS feature/module isn't available in the Android version of DJI Vision is it?

WebMaximus said:
PVFlyer said:

But the GS feature/module isn't available in the Android version of DJI Vision is it?
GS is available since Vision app Android 1.0.50 (iOS 1.0.41) and FW 3.04. The latest Vision app is Android 1.0.52 (iOS 1.0.42) and FW 3.06.

However, I'm very uncomfortable and regret upgrading from FW 3.04 to FW 3.06 due to auto-landing issue at ~30% battery. Many other pilots reported similar auto-landing issue. It only happens on some batteries but these "problematic" batteries work fine in FW 3.04. I suspect the new FW 3.06 (or the latest Vision app with auto RTH when battery low) is less tolerance on "non-perfect" batteries.

I thought the auto landing was at 15% battery and not 30%? This whole auto landing issue was my main concern prior to upgrading... once i read the benefits of the upgrade and was convinced from others it was at 15% battery, I deemed it worth the upgrade. If this auto landing is really happening at 30% then I also really regret upgrading...

srandall25 said:
I thought the auto landing was at 15% battery and not 30%? This whole auto landing issue was my main concern prior to upgrading... once i read the benefits of the upgrade and was convinced from others it was at 15% battery, I deemed it worth the upgrade. If this auto landing is really happening at 30% then I also really regret upgrading...

I believe that you must take care and turn off the new feature "low battery RTH" as it seems to be related to these reports of non-cancelable auto landings. This type landing scares me as well. So far, with that turned off (done in the app settings, it toggles the setting that you see in the assistant as well), I've not had this happen to me.

Last mention, Actually I'm not confused at all, I've had the pleasure to beta test some things here are there, there is a bug in the 3.06 software that has caused RTH auto-lands that can't be cancelled. I suggest that most folks turn off the feature and manage their battery usage as before. Don't be so heavy handed about content in this forum, it's not needed. We all learn new things along the way and this is educational while we wait on updates to the app, be nice.

Geert said:
May I remind you that this is OFF-TOPIC ! If you want to discuss this further then please start a new topic or post in the many topics battery related. I will delete further off topic posts without new warnings.

You mix up 2 different things here.

1)If there is a problem with your battery your Phantom will start auto descend, no matter what version you are on and no matter what battery percentage you have left. It can happen at 60% or 55% or 42% or 30%......
From what I read on other forums, many members seems to have problems with batteries.

2)In the new version your Phantom will ONLY start auto descend when then battery level indicator bar reaches the "red critical zone". This is how it should be with a normal "healthy" battery.
In the settings from your DJI app you can enable "Low Battery Auto Go Home". If you enable this then there will appear a message on your screen will you reach low battery level. Then it is still up to you to choose for 'auto go home and landing" or continue the flight.

Geert./.
I think the battery issue of FW 3.06 (nothing about small pins bad contact or any hardware issue) is related to FPV Booster CH-7 enabler development. We almost completed CH-7 enabler development weeks ago and tested in FW 3.04, which was going well. Once FW 3.06 released in late July, we tested and found some abnormal behaviors of battery indicator. We thought that was probably caused by CH-7. We then re-work the entire CH-7 from scratch with another approach. Now after FW 3.06 has been released for 4 weeks, there are many other pilots reported similar battery issues on P2V+, P2V or even P2. This leads me to suspect and believe the battery abnormal behaviors is unrelated to our CH-7. F***ing stupid me to request my dev. buddy re-work it from scratch to avoid any potential risk, but this is costing us 4-6 weeks delay and myriad sleepless evenings. However, we will still test the upcoming CH-7 against battery indicator.

I agree FatShark glasses was a bit off topic though.

WebMaximus said:
PVFlyer said:
Spent a whole day for testing and writing up the comparison. Should think it twice next time before making promise.

Sorry to hear that but hopefully it will be time well spent when new people such as myself can find this info easily.

Fact is I'm now a happy owner of the original app that is your app and now I'm just looking forward to version 2 for Android.
I enjoyed learning from other apps in terms of their strengths and weaknesses. I like innovations from other developers though there are plenty of glitches and bugs in their products without proper testing. We need to keep up our work and bring more funs to this hobby and community.

I'm still a 100% newbie within this community and hobby but I also spend lots of time in the Flight Simulator community and has been active there for nearly 15 years so I've learned to appreciate how much members can do themselves to increase the fun :)

What you've done here is a great example of this!

PVFlyer said:

As has been already discussed, wrong thread to discuss this further but sorry to hear the BT-200 glasses might not be a good FPV solution. I found them very promising at first but will keep trying to find more info elsewhere on what goggles are the best one you can get for FPV with the P2V+.

PVFlyer said:
GS is available since Vision app Android 1.0.50 (iOS 1.0.41) and FW 3.04. The latest Vision app is Android 1.0.52 (iOS 1.0.42) and FW 3.06.

This was news to me because I read somewhere the GS feature was only available under iOS but I now found out why I haven't been able to find this feature in the Android version until now...I didn't realize you must first activate GS under Settings in the app.

PVFlyer said:
However, I'm very uncomfortable and regret upgrading from FW 3.04 to FW 3.06 due to auto-landing issue at ~30% battery. Many other pilots reported similar auto-landing issue. It only happens on some batteries but these "problematic" batteries work fine in FW 3.04. I suspect the new FW 3.06 (or the latest Vision app with auto RTH when battery low) is less tolerance on "non-perfect" batteries.

Thanks for the HU regarding the battery issue, good to know and look out for!

Can anyone tell me why DJI would eliminate channe 7.
Was the reason because it wouldn't work right because of the app ? I know they had beta testers , wouldn't you think they would of said how awkward it is to use ? Just wondering.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164