FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

i was ready to buy this dronexpter too for my vision+. not sure yet but in conjunction with my Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses a lever is more practical then touch version and lacking touch version is not a issue for me.
So waiting for the app solution is the cheapest for me :)

I'm not buying the dronexpert to expensive. But what about the DE ones that aren't updated ? They get their money back or a new model ? It's only been out about month anyway

Mori55 said:
I'm not buying the dronexpert to expensive. But what about the DE ones that aren't updated ? They get their money back or a new model ? It's only been out about month anyway

I got the original DE kit and it causes interferrence in the wifi network which prevents the GS function of the app to fail plus intermittent telemetry data issues.

Also the tilt function moves in discreet steps with both the app and the TX lever, not very ideal. I asked for a replacement and DE said "not possible" so I returned mine for a refund.

I do not believe that the "fixed" DE kit improves the stepiness in the tilt function.

This app, if it blocks the app from using Ch7, should allow very smooth control of tilt via the TX lever, fingers crossed.

M.Tigelaar said:
cougar said:
M.Tigelaar said:
I own it, but the movement is not very smooth such as the vision (non plus). ;)

What version do you have? I understand an updated version with fixes is available?
Thank you.

I would not know, how do I know that? :roll:

If you got it from the start, you have the original. There was an issue with way-points and some minor stuff. They have since fixed this, but the issue with a bit of stepping is still there. The new one I was told about a week ago when I emailed them.

It seems there is an uncertain about CH-7 (X1) calibration. When I calibrated my X1, the calibration stays even after power cycle. However, some of you guys reported the calibration would NOT stay after power cycle. I'm curious why is this different behaviour? FYI, I'm using P2V (non-plus) 5.8G controller.

I am the only one not to be interested in the infamous CH7, but to the updating of the booster android version? :roll:

RemE said:
I'm pretty certain that X1 cal stays permanent with power cycle if done correctly.

Agree with this statement, once it is calibrated it stays but the H3-2D setting is not visible after using the rar-tool and rebooting.
There might be some issues with this or maybe it is just how the "other app" (that seems to have some issues) is implemented/coded that makes a difference.

Smb said:
I am the only one not to be interested in the infamous CH7, but to the updating of the booster android version? :roll:

I'm an android user as well and am looking forward to the V2 release with the improved algorithms...but I have to say, I'm way more excited about channel 7 functionality :cool:

RemE said:
I'm pretty certain that X1 cal stays permanent with power cycle if done correctly.

I can confirm this. I spent over an hour today testing. What I found was once you use the tool to enable channel 7 and then use the assistant to calibrate, once you power cycle the Phantom Channel 7 still works, however you will not find the X one calibration in the assistant unless you re run the tool. However the channel 7 remains active and calibrated after multiple power cycles.

Also I found that if you start the app, channel 7 is blocked and even if you close the app remains blocked until you power cycle the Phantom. Once you power cycle the phantom, channel 7 begins working again and remains active until you start the app.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
RemE said:

I can confirm this. I spent over an hour today testing. What I found was once you use the tool to enable channel 7 and then use the assistant to calibrate, once you power cycle the Phantom Channel 7 still works, however you will not find the X one calibration in the assistant unless you re run the tool. However the channel 7 remains active and calibrated after multiple power cycles.

Also I found that if you start the app, channel 7 is blocked and even if you close the app remains blocked until you power cycle the Phantom. Once you power cycle the phantom, channel 7 begins working again and remains active until you start the app.
Thank you so much for all your updates. This is exactly what we tested earlier, and our solution works well in this case. I was just a bit confusing while other folks keep losing calibration with other app.

I am gonna mod the 7th channel like this:
saves me the lever and gives me a nice pod switch.
Like this way more then a back lever.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTUSqNtt7bM[/youtube]

Mori55 said:
Have you tried the back lever? I think it's real easy to use.
Yes tried but was not really impressed with it. movement of the lever did not feel good.
A turntable knob looks like a better solution for me. movement in video looks solid.

Xenn0X said:
Mori55 said:
Have you tried the back lever? I think it's real easy to use.
Yes tried but was not really impressed with it. movement of the lever did not feel good.
A turntable knob looks like a better solution for me. movement in video looks solid.

Tried the knob but now using a slide potentiometer on the side of the TX, best in my opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94