FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

jarrah31 said:
So does RTH normally initiate on FPV loss rather than 5.8Ghz signal loss? I guess the control signal can cope with much greater distances then? (it would be good to put this as a Q/A if possible on the front page - I tired searching all 154 pages but my various search terms provided no results)

Thanks.

RTH is part of the RC control section of the Naza and is independent of the Video link. RTH is triggered automatically when the control signal is lost or manually with a S1 if you enable NAZA mode, or if you power off the TX. This is in the Vision manual and shouldn't need to be in the Video Booster FAQ.

I paid for the app and used it as directed. Has anyone had a lag in video/real time. My FPV was about 20/30 seconds delayed from what my P2V+ was actually doing. It made flight by FPV impossible. I was in an open field no interference in the same place I always practice and test at. without the booster app everything is real time.

skydragon said:
I paid for the app and used it as directed. Has anyone had a lag in video/real time. My FPV was about 20/30 seconds delayed from what my P2V+ was actually doing. It made flight by FPV impossible. I was in an open field no interference in the same place I always practice and test at. without the booster app everything is real time.

Try rebooting your FPV device (Android? Iphone?) and try again. That's helped me in the past.

phantomguy said:
RTH has nothing ever to do with 2.4ghz FPV signal and everything to do with 5.8ghz transmitter signal(or rather, loss of signal,).

And yes, it's been proven fairly soundly that out of the box, the transmission 5.8 signal far exceeds the FPV 2.4 signal
Ahh I see - I just wondered because I usually get a RTH around 1,100ft in FCC mode, and seeing the distances gained on the first page I assumed RTH might have been linked to FPV seeing as no mods we're being done on the control signal (thank you for not biting too hard on a newbie). :)

Xennox, I've got a Moverio on order. How did you load the apk on it? What's your impressions so far?

PVFlyer said:
glennaxl said:
Can a flight logger be added to this app?

The developer of the other vision+ app is working on it - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20198
According to DJI in May, telemetry logger will be implemented in the next firmware update with a data viewer. The is also mentioned in the manual earlier, though I'm unsure whether this is still in the latest manual.

So this would also mean you will NOT be adding it to your app for the reason that you have learned DJI is adding it in a up coming update?

flyNfrank said:
PVFlyer said:
glennaxl said:
Can a flight logger be added to this app?

The developer of the other vision+ app is working on it - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20198
According to DJI in May, telemetry logger will be implemented in the next firmware update with a data viewer. The is also mentioned in the manual earlier, though I'm unsure whether this is still in the latest manual.

So this would also mean you will NOT be adding it to your app for the reason that you have learned DJI is adding it in a up coming update?
We have no plan to implement telemetry logger for the time being, until we see how good/bad it will be in the next DJI firmware update.

Calicopter said:
Xennox, I've got a Moverio on order. How did you load the apk on it? What's your impressions so far?
Mine comes in today. i uploaded the apk's to my website and will download them straight to the Moverio via web browser.
Only need to enable untrusted sources.
The booster app i downloaded from the store with apk downloader on my android tablet.

LiLPhantom said:
Just kicked off 8700 meters. Stock except for the vid TX all magniseum and aluminum folded in a milk jug, simple! Antennas are for the white collar idiots, trpile your flight with a soda can idiots!

8700m!?!? Are u serious? You mean you take out vid tx and wrap it up with magniseum and aluminum foil and a milk jug? Are u willing to share how it's done? Thank you!

That is the question everyone's waiting for ! The boost is nice , but I would use channel 7 more.
I thought it was gonna happen a couple of days ago. Seemed close to happening .

Mori55 said:
That is the question everyone's waiting for ! The boost is nice , but I would use channel 7 more.

+++++++ +1

I even ordered the lever and everything is ready. All I need is the app!

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Mori55 said:

+++++++ +1

We tested CH-7 working with waypoint successfully. We have been exploring to mix app tilting together with lever tilting if it ever works

PVFlyer said:
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Mori55 said:

+++++++ +1

We tested CH-7 working with waypoint successfully. We have been exploring to mix app tilting together with lever tilting if it ever works

If you can't get simultaneous tilt working (I.e., both app and lever at same time), I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most users will be more than happy with just having tilt via lever as long as there is an on/off toggle button in your app for those who don't have the tilt lever. And if for some reason it's not possible to do a toggle button in your app, then I would just release the 7th channel enabler as its own app. I think you are going to be surprised at how much pent-up demand there is for this feature!

ToddSmi said:
PVFlyer said:
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
+++++++ +1

If you can't get simultaneous tilt working (I.e., both app and lever at same time), I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most users will be more than happy with just having tilt via lever as long as there is an on/off toggle button in your app for those who don't have the tilt lever. And if for some reason it's not possible to do a toggle button in your app, then I would just release the 7th channel enabler as its own app. I think you are going to be surprised at how much pent-up demand there is for this feature!

I think most of us would utilize one or the other. Can't imagine much demand for having the ability to use both during single session. IMHO..

I just want to chime in and say I can without a doubt say that V2 on this app has improved quite a bit when flying in an Urban setting. Just got around to testing by flying the exact same flight path in a super congested area of the City with at least 20+ wifi signals and I was able to go about 500-600' farther than prior. Great job! Keep up the great work!!

midwestjeff said:
I just want to chime in and say I can without a doubt say that V2 on this app has improved quite a bit when flying in an Urban setting. Just got around to testing by flying the exact same flight path in a super congested area of the City with at least 20+ wifi signals and I was able to go about 500-600' farther than prior. Great job! Keep up the great work!!
Great improvement! Did you mean V2 is 500-600ft farther than V1? What's the actual range did you get on both V1 and V2 in urban area?

PVFlyer said:
midwestjeff said:
Great improvement! Did you mean V2 is 500-600ft farther than V1? What's the actual range did you get on both V1 and V2 in urban area?

Yes over version 1

I was getting around 1200-1300 when connection dropped, that was version 1, stock was maybe 900-1000 feet. Now I got about 1500-1700!

This is not much in rural or suburban setting but in a highly congested area it's great!

midwestjeff said:
PVFlyer said:
midwestjeff said:

Yes over version 1

I was getting around 1200-1300 when connection dropped, that was version 1, stock was maybe 900-1000 feet. Now I got about 1500-1700!

This is not much in rural or suburban setting but in a highly congested area it's great!
Thanks a lot for the updates. It's not a matter of range in ft, it's a matter of percentage gain. It improves from V1 30% to V2 70%, which is a lot from percentage perspective. You should easily get extra 100% in rural area talking about 4000-6000ft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart