FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Upgrade Current FPV Booster to V2

PVFlyer said:
We have been beta testing the FPV Booster PRO version in the past week. Per the feedbacks from various beta testers, most of the results are very encouraging with new interference control algorithm. It improves extra 100%-150% FPV range even with the same TX power comparing to the current FPV Booster V1 with extra 50%-100% only. It further enhances FPV performance in urban area to minimize other 2.4G Wifi interference.

We are planning to upgrade the current FPV Booster V1 to V2 with such new algorithm for both iOS and Android. There will be no easy way for those copycats to clone our app, and let them stay way behind.

Sweet!

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

Geert said:
Dear members,

I deleted some posts and also edited some post in this topic.
Please try to stay polite to each other.

Geert./.
I for one but as you can see I'm not the only think this was completely out of order to delete, edit or censor my posts and the posts of others. We are not living in Nazi land or North Korea. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the posts and I take great exception to being censored by someone who is too big for their boots. Geert you are a very helpful member on here but as a moderator you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

Hello from Greece.
PVFlyer Please don't forget the app for P2V (not the plus) ........ Thanks

+1 there's two threads running on this in the plus and general forum. Now they want to take it private if you don't like it. I say get out in the open and solve this censorship issue.
Sorry PV not trying to hijack you ;) :)

PV do you have any sort of timeline on the original P2V app for Android?

Really keen to get my hands on it ;)

Really? Wow, I've never been censored before, and we didn't even lock horns! I agree, we are adults and generally moderate ourselves and were pretty far from the line in this instance.
Oh well...

Well I'm sure they got the message , no sense hijacking pv boosters thread , I'm done bitching for now.
I do think they should restore the thread as it was !!

RichW said:

We have been testing P2V booster internally on iOS for weeks and addressing some reliability issues. I will keep you posted probably in P2V forum within a few weeks (hopefully) once we fixed those issues.

PVFlyer, is it beneficial to also run a higher strength antenna on the wifi repeater in conjunction with your app?

tch1972 said:
PVFlyer, is it beneficial to also run a higher strength antenna on the wifi repeater in conjunction with your app?
Yes, the booster app works well with other antenna mods on P2V+ aircraft and/or repeater. BTW, higher gain antenna may not always suit you better, depending on the purpose of your flight.

PVFlyer said:
RichW said:

We have been testing P2V booster internally on iOS for weeks and addressing some reliability issues. I will keep you posted probably in P2V forum within a few weeks (hopefully) once we fixed those issues.

As I had previously asked, is there an upgrade path for existing Booster owners or will they be expected to buy the Pro app again, like a new customer? It would be a benefit for existing purchasers to be rewarded for their existing purchase rather than treated like new people, jumping on the band wagon. :cool:

J.J.B. said:
As I had previously asked, is there an upgrade path for existing Booster owners or will they be expected to buy the Pro app again, like a new customer? It would be a benefit for existing purchasers to be rewarded for their existing purchase rather than treated like new people, jumping on the band wagon. :cool:
We will be upgrading the current booster app V1 to V2 with new Interference Control Algorithm (ICA) for both iOS and Android, as I mentioned earlier. FPV Booster Pro (also equip with the same ICA) will be a new app with additional features, like interference level, enable channel 7 lever, WPA2 Wifi encryption.

PVFlyer said:
FPV Booster Pro (also equip with the same ICA) will be a new app with additional features, like interference level, enable channel 7 lever, WPA2 Wifi encryption.

Thanks and I'm sorry if I missed that elsewhere. I certainly look forward to receiving the Booster Pro (as I currently have a Channel 7 lever installed that is useless!) so if you want any beta testers...let me know!

PVFlyer said:
philarvropagan said:
No worldwide record to mention but my own one tonight :D
1.320m (4.330 feet) with the WiFi Booster while I got used to less than 700-800m on the same way.
640x15fps FPV video.
Weather not so fine : no wind but heavy grey sky with high humidity rate (should rain again in a short while).
Free of interferences ... but 3G antennas on a water tower 400m on the right.
Stock P2V+ but a brand new home made parabolic reflector on the TX antenna (made following a real parabolic shape I prepared on Excel).
Very happy with it as it works as expected and calculated (8 to 12dB gain but not to much in order to keep with a wide enough beam).

So everything's fine to me as I never tried to beat records but to secure my flights within a sufficient distance to hover over small rocky islands in the sea by here.
Shall the 7ch mod come and I'll be the happiest Phantom guy of ... my village :lol:
One more time, thanks so much PVFlyer !
Glad to know you are increasing 70-80% FPV range. In general, 3G antennas would not interfere 2.4G Wifi, while 3G bands are usually from 900MHz to 2.1GHz.

3:52 minute mark

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bxjL7wFyb8[/youtube]

phantomguy said:
PVFlyer said:
Glad to know you are increasing 70-80% FPV range. In general, 3G antennas would not interfere 2.4G Wifi, while 3G bands are usually from 900MHz to 2.1GHz.

3:52 minute mark
That's why I said "In general", 3G antenna (in separate band) has much less interference than other 2.4G in the same band. Obviously, any electromagnetic wave (lower frequency in other bands and their harmonic) would have interference to 2.4G and 5.8G depending on the signal strength.

PVFlyer said:
FPV Booster Pro (also equip with the same ICA) will be a new app with additional features, like interference level, enable channel 7 lever, WPA2 Wifi encryption.
PVFlyer, is there going to be an upgrade between the current Wifi Booster app and the next coming Booster pro version ?
Or will we have to buy and install the new app in addition to the initial one ?
I'm OK to pay more to get the 7ch feature but it would be somewhere a shame to have bought and to throw the Wifi Booster app :(

philarvropagan said:
PVFlyer, is there going to be an upgrade between the current Wifi Booster app and the next coming Booster pro version ?
I'm OK to pay more to get the 7ch feature but it would be somewhere a shame to have bought and to throw the Wifi Booster app :(
Yes, we will do BOTH.

(1) We will upgrade current V+ Booster V1 to FPV Booster V2, which is purely a FPV range booster app. V2 will equip with our new Interference Control Algorithm (ICA) to improve extra 100%-150% FPV range even with the same TX power comparing to the current V1 boosting extra 50%-100%. It further enhances FPV performance in urban area to minimize other 2.4G Wifi interference.

(2) We will also release a new app FPV Booster Pro. The Pro version will equip the same ICA with interference level control (likely 3 levels), WPA2 Wifi encryption and hopefully the long-awaited channel-7 enabler. I hope to upload a demo video of channel-7 by the end of this week.

PVFlyer said:
philarvropagan said:
Yes, we will do BOTH.

(1) We will upgrade current V+ Booster V1 to FPV Booster V2, which is purely a FPV range booster app. V2 will equip with our new Interference Control Algorithm (ICA) to improve extra 100%-150% FPV range even with the same TX power comparing to the current V1 boosting extra 50%-100%. It further enhances FPV performance in urban area to minimize other 2.4G Wifi interference.

(2) We will also release a new app FPV Booster Pro. The Pro version will equip the same ICA with interference level control (likely 3 levels), WPA2 Wifi encryption and hopefully the long-awaited channel-7 enabler. I hope to upload a demo video of channel-7 by the end of this week.

awesome stuff, Tony.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna