FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

When I click boost up it stays for about 10 seconds and says boosted then it goes back to boost up?

No worldwide record to mention but my own one tonight :D
1.320m (4.330 feet) with the WiFi Booster while I got used to less than 700-800m on the same way.
640x15fps FPV video.
Weather not so fine : no wind but heavy grey sky with high humidity rate (should rain again in a short while).
Free of interferences ... but 3G antennas on a water tower 400m on the right.
Stock P2V+ but a brand new home made parabolic reflector on the TX antenna (made following a real parabolic shape I prepared on Excel).
Very happy with it as it works as expected and calculated (8 to 12dB gain but not to much in order to keep with a wide enough beam).

So everything's fine to me as I never tried to beat records but to secure my flights within a sufficient distance to hover over small rocky islands in the sea by here.
Shall the 7ch mod come and I'll be the happiest Phantom guy of ... my village :lol:
One more time, thanks so much PVFlyer !

dsc00311.jpg

philarvropagan said:
No worldwide record to mention but my own one tonight :D
1.320m (4.330 feet) with the WiFi Booster while I got used to less than 700-800m on the same way.
640x15fps FPV video.
Weather not so fine : no wind but heavy grey sky with high humidity rate (should rain again in a short while).
Free of interferences ... but 3G antennas on a water tower 400m on the right.
Stock P2V+ but a brand new home made parabolic reflector on the TX antenna (made following a real parabolic shape I prepared on Excel).
Very happy with it as it works as expected and calculated (8 to 12dB gain but not to much in order to keep with a wide enough beam).

So everything's fine to me as I never tried to beat records but to secure my flights within a sufficient distance to hover over small rocky islands in the sea by here.
Shall the 7ch mod come and I'll be the happiest Phantom guy of ... my village :lol:
One more time, thanks so much PVFlyer !
Glad to know you are increasing 70-80% FPV range. In general, 3G antennas would not interfere 2.4G Wifi, while 3G bands are usually from 900MHz to 2.1GHz.

Your home made parabolic reflector looks very nice. I have seen someone also adding parabolic reflector to 2.4G repeater for boosting FPV range.

So if I were to boost with the android app then hook up and iPad mini would it still be boosted our do I need to purchase the app on iTunes also?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Seems like a neat app, but I won't use it until finding more information on how it works.

This brings up another thing, has anyone done work into reverse engineering the commands you can send the PV2+ over the WiFi connection to change settings? Seems like this opens up a whole new world of tweaks for the PV2+.

brorex said:
So if I were to boost with the android app then hook up and iPad mini would it still be boosted our do I need to purchase the app on iTunes also?

You can boost from an Android device and fly FPV with iPad Mini. You may also refer to the FAQ - Q9 in the OP (page 1) for further details.

philarvropagan said:

It's the "windsurfer ez-12" parabolic reflector?

Smb said:
philarvropagan said:

It's the "windsurfer ez-12" parabolic reflector?
Yes smb, it looks so ... but I have tuned the values.
If you take a look on the shape I've drawn : https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1zw214h456a0ew/ReflecteurParabolique.pdf

k=0.2
This ratio fits well omnidirectional sources and moreover, gives a focal point at 20mm which is convenient
- not to deep into the parabol and so, still let the beam a little omnidirectional
- easy for the design
with c=30 mm, the antenna is not too wide and deep.

But i'm pretty sure that widsurfer ez-12 will provide a good result as well.
An important thing to me is the relector which must have a clean and smooth surface (that's why I took a can of fruit juice ... but one of beer should also work :lol: )

... and sorry for this post PVFlyer, which is out of this thread concern :oops:
There is another thread for that, http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18157 but I was wondering about the theorical approach and the resulting SWR.
That's why I made my own one (based on my experience, by some web surfing and by other designs like "windsurfer").

philarvropagan said:
Yes smb, it looks so ... but I have tuned the values.
If you take a look on the shape I've drawn : https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1zw214h456a0ew/ReflecteurParabolique.pdf

k=0.2
This ratio fits well omnidirectional sources and moreover, gives a focal point at 20mm which is convenient
- not to deep into the parabol and so, still let the beam a little omnidirectional
- easy for the design
with c=30 mm, the antenna is not too wide and deep.

But i'm pretty sure that widsurfer ez-12 will provide a good result as well.
An important thing to me is the relector which must have a clean and smooth surface (that's why I took a can of fruit juice ... but one of beer should also work :lol: )

... and sorry for this post PVFlyer, which is out of this thread concern :oops:
There is another thread for that, http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18157 but I was wondering about the theorical approach and the resulting SWR.
That's why I made my own one (based on my experience, by some web surfing and by other designs like "windsurfer").
No problem at all. Regarding SWR, I used a low end 2.4G SWR meter to measure my homebrew LHCP helical last year. SWR is not a very crucial factor for antenna performance. There is no notable difference between 1.1:1 and 1.5:1, as long as it's not too bad something like 3:1 to 4:1. I tuned my homebrew helical SWR to 1.09 (the best I got 1.05) was just for fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0486_640.jpg
    IMG_0486_640.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 466

PVFlyer said:
brorex said:

You can boost from an Android device and fly FPV with iPad Mini. You may also refer to the FAQ - Q9 in the OP (page 1) for further details.
Thanks PVFlyer

Hey PVFlyer. Im using the re700 on my p2v non plus and have gotten 1.33km with everything else stock. Does the booster app boost the re700 or the fc200 p2v+ camera. Will the app do anything for me?

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Hey PVFlyer. Im using the re700 on my p2v non plus and have gotten 1.33km with everything else stock. Does the booster app boost the re700 or the fc200 p2v+ camera. Will the app do anything for me?
That's a great range for stock P2V. What preview quality did you use? What was the range (same flight path) with stock RE500 repeater?

I don't think the V+ booster app would help on P2V, though we have not tested it on RE500 nor RE700. In fact, we are working on P2V booster and managed to achieve 1km with RE500 at 640x480/15fps. There are still some reliability issues that we need to figure out.

PVFlyer said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
That's a great range for stock P2V. What preview quality did you use? What was the range (same flight path) with stock RE500 repeater?

I don't think the V+ booster app would help on P2V, though we have not tested it on RE500 nor RE700. In fact, we are working on P2V booster and managed to achieve 1km with RE500 at 640x480/15fps. There are still some reliability issues that we need to figure out.
I'm using highest fpv quality since the last app update, before that 700m was about my best but very hit and miss. My p2v has always been a monster for distance from stock for some strange reason, im not complaining. The 1.3km distance was on an island beach with zero interference, cant replicate that in urban areas. I'll try the app anyway but does the app boost the re700 or the camera?

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
PVFlyer said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

I'm using highest fpv quality since the last app update, before that 700m was about my best but very hit and miss. My p2v has always been a monster for distance from stock for some strange reason, im not complaining. The 1.3km distance was on an island beach with zero interference, cant replicate that in urban areas. I'll try the app anyway but does the app boost the re700 or the camera?
If you want to test V+ booster on iDevice for P2V, I can send you a promo code for iOS to redeem the app. Please let me know if you are on iOS.

ios urrgh, android only! ;)
Thanks anyway, didnt get any real answers to my questions but I'm happy to stick with what I have. Thanks anyway.

Geert said:
Dear members,

I deleted some posts and also edited some post in this topic.
Please try to stay polite to each other.

Geert./.
What went wrong with the recent deleted/edited posts? I think they are acceptable, unless I missed some very inappropriate posts. I understand we need somehow to draw a line, but we are not living in a royal family. Guys (most of us are male) sometimes may say/write something emotional, rude or even mad, which is common in any forum. Just my 2 cents. ;)

I don't understand what's going on with geert? This is happening a lot. This is nothing but censorship ! I don't see this on other forums this much. This is just bull. Yes we always don't agree , so what ? Is this just becoming a newby nice nice forum ?
It's one thing being a moderator, it's another going through post deleting what you don't seem appropriate , in you opinion.

Upgrade Current FPV Booster to V2

We have been beta testing the FPV Booster PRO version in the past week. Per the feedbacks from various beta testers, most of the results are very encouraging with new interference control algorithm. It improves extra 100%-150% FPV range even with the same TX power comparing to the current FPV Booster V1 with extra 50%-100% only. It further enhances FPV performance in urban area to minimize other 2.4G Wifi interference.

We are planning to upgrade the current FPV Booster V1 to V2 with such new algorithm for both iOS and Android. There will be no easy way for those copycats to clone our app, and let them stay way behind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119