FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

tizzl10 said:
finally got a chance to test out the Booster Pro today. Works well.. settings set at interference level 1 : open
Great range. Level 1 is basically the same as standard version of booster app. Are you able to test higher level (such as level 5 or 6) with 640/15fps? FYI, all 6 levels are with same TX power as standard booster, but different interference control level.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
finally got a chance to test out the Booster Pro today. Works well.. settings set at interference level 1 : open
Great range. Level 1 is basically the same as standard version of booster app. Are you able to test higher level (such as level 5 or 6) with 640/15fps? FYI, all 6 levels are with same TX power as standard booster, but different interference control level.

didn't get a chance to test the other levels as it started to rain..luckily I was almost back home from my 2 mile flight when it started. lol. that would have sucked if I got 2 miles out and it started to pour down raining.

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:

didn't get a chance to test the other levels as it started to rain..luckily I was almost back home from my 2 mile flight when it started. lol. that would have sucked if I got 2 miles out and it started to pour down raining.
wow... I am impressed!

wow that's incredible. I am a new owner of vision+ (ex phantom v1 owner) i don't have the recent version of your app but now i am waiting for the booster pro app for android, it is great.. It is scary to see +12.000 feet distance but awsome.

canerakcil said:
wow that's incredible. I am a new owner of vision+ (ex phantom v1 owner) i don't have the recent version of your app but now i am waiting for the booster pro app for android, it is great.. It is scary to see +12.000 feet distance but awsome.
Welcome to Vision+ family. 12,000ft FPV range is just beginning of FPV Booster Pro beta. We have been working on a new beta with 8 levels of interference control. It should get FPV to further range.

We will also upgrade the current version booster app to V2.0 and apply certain level of interference control to V2.0. Stay tuned! :D

I got it :cool:
14554982331_de7825b698_c.jpg

Geert said:
Are you guys working on a boosting app for the Vision (not Vision +) too ?

Geert./.
Yes, we have been troubleshooting on some reliability issues on P2V booster app for a few weeks. We need to order a few more FC200 cameras (hopefully second hand eggs) to identify whether it's due to hardware issues or something else.

Anyway, we managed to reach about 1km FPV range in open area 640x480/15fps with only 20mW TX power on P2V camera.

PVFlyer said:
canerakcil said:
Welcome to Vision+ family. 12,000ft FPV range is just beginning of FPV Booster Pro beta. We have been working on a new beta with 8 levels of interference control. It should get FPV to further range.

We will also upgrade the current version booster app to V2.0 and apply certain level of interference control to V2.0. Stay tuned! :D

Thanks man that's amazing, i will buy the new app when it is available..

How do the pilots reach this distance with stock 800m range transmitter? Do you modify the tx/rx?

Alienz said:
RemE said:
That's a big problem, the C/F effectively blocks your antennas, not good. Get them away from the struts, you would do better to let them dangle straight down from their holes.

Ok got it! Will try and move them away from the CF. thanx a lot RemE!

Tested it today again and left the antenna hanging straight down. Much better range today. Thanks RemE and PVFlyer. Managed to get up to 3059ft before losing connection. (a far cry from the sub 1000ft i used to get and the rest of the guys here) Also tested with and without the Booster App. Got an additional 500ft when boosted!

Will try to remove the CF struts and sticker to see if I can get more range. But I think its enough for me as it is...scary not being able to see the drone LOL

Thanx Guys!

Attachments

• 20140702_210819.jpg
    20140702_210819.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 380

PVFlyer said:
canerakcil said:

Good job! Can't wait for the release!

I bought the app last week and have to say that I am very impressed. I don't really know how it works but, then again, I don't know how lots of things work but I'm happy with the results. I took a test flight of over 2,000 feet and didn't have a single drop out. I'm not sure what RF range the Phantom is meant to have out of the box and have had RTH mode deployed at about 1,500 feet but that could have been due to structures in the way. Is there a posted figure of standard line-of-sight control range that is reliable?

Great app, though, and more than happy to try V2 - will it be a free upgrade for us early adopters?

PVFlyer, pretty cool that you are already in beta for v2 of the booster. Sounds like you may already have your hands full, but was just wondering if you hit any snags in the concept of re-enabling 7th channel control via an app, or if you just haven't had a chance to experiment with this yet. I know lots of folks are curious about this as dronexpert.dl just started their first shipments of their $140 solution, but many would prefer to wait to see if you can come up with something first - assuming its still a plausible solution and that you still intend to pursue it. If you don't think it's realistic at this time, that's totally understandable as well - just let us know what your current thoughts are on 7th channel. Really appreciate how you conduct yourself on this thread and am enjoying the booster app very much!

Yes I agree about channel 7 , if it's not going to happen ill move on to the dronexpert. Been waiting to see if you are having any luck with it.
I love the booster app , but I would probaly use channel 7 more.
Anyway thanks for all your hard work.

I see on Google Playstore there are 2 similar booster apps. Which is the correct one (as discussed in this thread) to get?

wattsn said:
I see on Google Playstore there are 2 similar booster apps. Which is the correct one (as discussed in this thread) to get?

the links are in the first post of this thread.

tizzl10 said:
the links are in the first post of this thread.

Thanks. Just spent 30 mins skimming through and completely missed the links in first post. Doh! It is late. Cheers :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT