FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:
Stage-2 booster has 2 tabs (Aircraft and Repeater). Aircraft tab introduces various protocol hacks for better handling of Wifi interference in urban area. Repeater tab allows boosting TX power from 12dBm, 15dBm, 18dBm and 21dBm by 3dBm interval. WPA2 Password enables Wifi security between repeater and FPV device to protect the "entrance" point.

sweet! is this going to be available for beta? if so, you know im your man!
I hope the beta will be available next week or so.

Can you tell me how to be on the list for the beta testing ? Thank you !

garrock said:
PVFlyer said:
garrock said:
Vision/Vision+ FPV is using 802.11n with MIMO similar to most of home Wifi. The more multipath propagation, the better diversity gain to benefit FPV.
True.. but that is in an ideal environment.

My real world tests shows that the MIMO capabilities of the DJI Repeater design does not works as well as they hoped it would. Also, DJI needs to work on improving the video recovery time after a loosing data packets.
Per my real world test on original P2V back to early this year, using MIMO with dual LHCP homebrew helical on Rocket M2 AP/repeater is about 30%-40% longer FPV range and more stable video than single helical. Otherwise, others have to fly sideway facing microstrip patch on the aircraft to repeater.

According to my dev buddy, there is a known issue in OpenWrt kernel regarding re-connection after drop out, which was fixed long time ago. DJI probably did not update the kernel, but went for a tricky workaround causing slow video recovery (around 30 seconds). This is a speculation only.

PVFlyer said:
Otherwise, others have to fly sideway facing microstrip patch on the aircraft to repeater.

According to my dev buddy, there is a known issue in OpenWrt kernel regarding re-connection after drop out, which was fixed long time ago. DJI probably did not update the kernel, but went for a tricky workaround causing slow video recovery (around 30 seconds). This is a speculation only.
I concur with your flying sideways statement.

Flying sideways will face the phantoms patch antenna towards the ground repeater patch antenna face. Which then allows for a more-so circular polarization effect. Which is more robust in a multi-path environment. Those patch antennas have a small notch on one side which causes a pseudo circular polarization effect. However, out of the edges of the patch is it linear polarization.

Since the Phantom drone uses a pseudo CP patch antenna, as it rotates, transitioning from circular to linear polarization causes undesirable effects.

---------------------

Interesting note about the OpenWRT re-connect issue. Lets hope that DJI puts that on a higher priority list. (I can only hope.. right?)

Before I buy the Dronexpert channel 7 , are you going to come with a channel 7 work around ?
I'd hate to spend all that money , then you offer it.

Hi,

I was only getting 350 meters with the booster running on 3.04.

So, I did a downgrade to 1.08 and is now getting over 950 meters, more then happy!

Joakim

FearOfTheDark said:
Hi,

I was only getting 350 meters with the booster running on 3.04.

So, I did a downgrade to 1.08 and is now getting over 950 meters, more then happy!

Joakim
Theoretically, the booster app is dealing with FC200 Camera firmware V1.2.5g only, regardless Autopilot System 3.04 or 1.08. You may refer to the FAQ - "Q4. How to test it working?" in the OP for further details.

Mori55 said:
Before I buy the Dronexpert channel 7 , are you going to come with a channel 7 work around ?
Yes, my dev buddy is working hard on channel 7 hack, together with stage-2 booster. We will try to add the channel 7 hack in the coming beta, if possible.

PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:
Yes, my dev buddy is working hard on channel 7 hack, together with stage-2 booster. We will try to add the channel 7 hack in the coming beta, if possible.

Channel 7 inclusion would be awesome :D

Distance is A+ now, I second a 7 ch... that would rock!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:

sweet..im glad i didnt buy that 7ch workaround from DE.

got 5875ft (1.1miles) today. Standard antenna's. The app makes a huge diffence in range.

Attachments

• Phantom.PNG
    Phantom.PNG
    434.7 KB · Views: 417

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:

sweet..im glad i didnt buy that 7ch workaround from DE.

Might not be that simple, channel 7 does not work in 1.08 so if you like to stay on this firmware it might not be available unless you upgrade to later firmware.

cougar said:
Might not be that simple, channel 7 does not work in 1.08 so if you like to stay on this firmware it might not be available unless you upgrade to later firmware.
I keep my Vision+ with stock firmware 3.00, and unfamiliar about channel 7 with 1.08. Can Vision+ channel 7 work on old 1.08 hack and VISION app similar to original P2V?

PVFlyer said:
cougar said:
I keep my Vision+ with stock firmware 3.00, and unfamiliar about channel 7 with 1.08. Can Vision+ channel 7 work on old 1.08 hack and VISION app similar to original P2V?

Can be a possibility, problem being that the "hack" only works with windows so people using Mac (like me) are out cold?

As far as I know the vision + doesn't work at all with the old hack. Only if you turn off the app.

Mori55 said:

Most folks are not on 1.08, so the majority of people could still benefit from PVFlyer adding in this feature. Also, for those on 1.08, I know there are good reasons to stay there, but even some of them would probably update for this new feature.

Plus when the ground station becomes available I'm sure you'll have to update.

Mori55 said:
Plus when the ground station becomes available I'm sure you'll have to update.

This is very possible, but it would take a HUGE benefit before I leave 1.08. I do know most people are on newer firmware but the 1.08 is SO much nimbler and fun to fly.

Have two P2V+ in the family and the other is on 3.04, flown them side by side and in my view 1.08 is the best.
As far as restrictions, don't have any problem with the no-fly areas that some people object to but like the nimbleness of 1.08 :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT