FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

srandall25 said:
PVFlyer said:
srandall25 said:
@PVFlyer - Apparently the default wifi Tx power is 20 dBm... Can you possibly provide exactly what dBm value your app increases this value to? Thank you.
Where do you get the information of "wifi Tx power is 20 dBm" of P2V+ aircraft end? It's obviously INCORRECT.
Following this thread... viewtopic.php?f=24&t=15771&hilit=20dbm
It appears this was for the Vision... not the Vision+. Can you reveal what the default dBm is for the Vision+ and what the increase is? Just curious is all... Thanks.
Briefly gone through the thread, and a guy claimed to set Wifi TX power to 27 dBm or so a week ago but no result posted so far. I bet 99% that way does not work well or at all.

The TX power used in V+ booster app is WAY lower than 20 dBm, though I don't intend to indicate the value. I'm not a fan of high power. Higher TX power may not boost longer FPV range (sometimes even shorter), but definitely generate more RF noise that shortening FPV range if it couldn't maintain SNR.

In fact, we use lower TX power than DJI default value in the P2V booster app (still under development) but double the FPV range. Power is nothing without proper control.

PVFlyer,

Will you do a version of the Wi-Fi Booster for the iPad Mini?

Jim

Photojeg said:
PVFlyer,

Jim

you dont need an ipad mini specific app..just install it..it will work.

tizzl10 said:
Photojeg said:
PVFlyer,

Jim

you dont need an ipad mini specific app..just install it..it will work.

Right just like the Vision app, it's an iPhone app, not optimized for the pads at all.

According to a guy in another thread (posted higher up), the values are as follows:

On the repeater
FC200_XXXXXX: 12dBm (15mw)
Phantom_XXXXXX: 12dBm (15mw)

On the P2V+
FC200_XXXXXX: 7dBm (5mw)

"In fact, we use lower TX power than DJI default value in the P2V booster app (still under development) but double the FPV range. Power is nothing without proper control."

Did I read this correctly? The Booster app actually lowers the transmit power in the Phantom but is able to achiever double range by effecting the control mechanism of the power?

srandall25 said:
"In fact, we use lower TX power than DJI default value in the P2V booster app (still under development) but double the FPV range. Power is nothing without proper control."

Did I read this correctly? The Booster app actually lowers the transmit power in the Phantom but is able to achiever double range by effecting the control mechanism of the power?
Yes, that's correct. We have been working on P2V booster app that would use less TX power than DJI's default value to achieve double FPV range. But don't get it wrong that you can get longer range because of simply lower TX power. I mentioned this earlier, and you may search my earlier posts in this thread.

Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster in Moverio BT-200 app store

The Moverio BT-200 app store is on-line now.

Is it difficult to port the booster app to the Epson Moverio app store?

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster in Moverio BT-200 app store

Gustave said:

where is the apps market? i cannot find it online or anywhere.

tizzl10 said:
Gustave said:

From within the Moverio GUI (Graphical User Interface)!

Gustave said:
tizzl10 said:
Gustave said:

can you be a bit more specific? i see no moverio app store or market anywhere within the GUI.

ok, i looked it up. i definately dont have this moverio market app on my device.

developer-site-noborder.jpg

Gustave said:
tizzl10 said:
Gustave said:

Hey Gustave..are you in the US or overseas?

Although I'm still unable to order Moverio BT-200 glasses locally, I have another idea (purely idea stage) to build an app for BT-200.

How about to control P2V/P2V+ (1) camera tilting, (2) aircraft yawing and (3) aircraft rolling by the BT-200 (your head)? Imagine, when you head up/down, the camera is tilting up/down. When you turn your head left/right, the aircraft is yawing left/right. When you bend your neck left/right, the aircraft is rolling left/right.

It sounds pretty interesting to me.

varmint said:
Funny, but unlike you, others do not have the market app yet, and I forced the last update this evening. It's just not there, so it's probably a regional thing.

Just a guess here, but if the firmware starts with a D, this might be developer version
and if it starts with R this could be the retail version

I have Moverio App Market on mine, but there is nothing really to download that is not
already installed. My firmware is R1.0.0

Attachments

• Moverio App Market.png
    Moverio App Market.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 437

PVFlyer said:
Although I'm still unable to order Moverio BT-200 glasses locally, I have another idea (purely idea stage) to build an app for BT-200.

How about to control P2V/P2V+ (1) camera tilting, (2) aircraft yawing and (3) aircraft rolling by the BT-200 (your head)? Imagine, when you head up/down, the camera is tilting up/down. When you turn your head left/right, the aircraft is yawing left/right. When you bend your neck left/right, the aircraft is rolling left/right.

It sounds pretty interesting to me.

dooooooo ittttttttt!

tizzl10 said:
ok, i looked it up. i definately dont have this moverio market app on my device.

developer-site-noborder.jpg

I installed the amazon App Store and the google play store. Done.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94