FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

@PVFlyer

Good to know, anyway as a full licenced HAM radio guy i can use 50W and 200W if i announce it LOL. So no issue for me.
Did a other range test today, couldn't make mutch of the screen due to the reflection on the tablet but it went all fine.
Even so far that the TC transmitter was out of range and the bird returned home.
The video link sometimes stalled but i didn't get a lost connection screen.
It was again 1Km.
The difference was maybe hight in the 300/600m first attempt and the 2 1Km tests.
The first flight it was some 30m high, the 2 1Km it was 50m. That popped up in my deluded mind later this afternoon.

Mossie said:
Totally happy now ! gets to my geofence of 1 mile now with no loss of video or stuttering at all. Thats as far as I want to let my Vision Plus go, also Ive added as per your recommendation one of those high gain panel Antennas which gives me unbroken 5.8 out to 1 mile.
Thanks for your help :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-8G-14dBi-Hi ... OC:GB:3160
Grad to know you satisfy both FPV and control range. What preview quality did you use for flying 1 mile?

911 meters in France !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 367

PVFlyer said:
dapperdan said:
First test with the app
Samsung S4, Preview quality 640 15fps
Test conducted in downtown Kuala Lumpur = Massive Interference

Without app: fpv drops at 220m
With app: fpv drops at 300m (about the same time my controller went out of range and triggered RTH)

Can't wait to try this is a rural area.
We have been working on stage-2 booster to improve FPV performance in urban area dealing with RF noise/interference.

Excellent! Can't wait for the Urban version to become available! I get about 20% more distance in very urban area. I would love to get more!

PVFlyer said:
Mossie said:
Totally happy now ! gets to my geofence of 1 mile now with no loss of video or stuttering at all. Thats as far as I want to let my Vision Plus go, also Ive added as per your recommendation one of those high gain panel Antennas which gives me unbroken 5.8 out to 1 mile.

Grad to know you satisfy both FPV and control range. What preview quality did you use for flying 1 mile?

640x480 30fps

PVFlyer said:
khemici3 said:
911 meters in France !
Great flight. I "guess" such 911m is the after boosted range and preview 640@15fps. May I know the before/after boosted FPV range and preview quality?

Actually, it was it was 640@30fps
I didn't try without V+ Booster.

Today, I tried 320@30fps and i made a new personal record :

image12.jpg

Mossie said:
PVFlyer said:
Mossie said:

640x480 30fps
Great, I have updated your record in the OP. Well done! :D

PVFlyer said:
midwestjeff said:
Excellent! Can't wait for the Urban version to become available! I get about 20% more distance in very urban area. I would love to get more!
What's your FPV range before/after boosted? What preview quality did you use for testing?

I live in a super Urban area. Downtown Chicago. I have two range wifi range extenders that I swap out. One has the stage 1 upgrade from FPVLR. Depending on what I am trying to accomplish depends on what I use. I actually am preferring the stock setup more now with the software boost than the antenna setup. I don't like the fact that I have to aim my antennas perfectly to keep connection when flying with the FPVLR setup. When I run the stock setup I can just aim it in the general direction and it works!

All my numbers are the default resolution of 320 15fps

Stock setup:
Normal: 700-800 feet.
Boosted: 1000 - 1200 feet

Stage 1 FPVLR:
Normal: 1500 -1700 feet
Boosted: 2000-2200

But I clearly prefer to use the stock setup so I don't have to keep looking at exactly where it is

Interference sucks!! I would be willing to pay $20+ for an upgraded app with a City mode

After reading so much convincing opinions and watching videos I just bought the app for my iOS device. I'll share my experience after my first flight with it. Thanks for developing this app.

Thank you but it's 1319 meters, not 911 meters now (320@30fps). Can you correct it please ?

khemici3 said:
Thank you but it's 1319 meters, not 911 meters now (320@30fps). Can you correct it please ?
Sorry for the misunderstanding. :oops: I put your 911m in the contest, while the contest only takes record of 640x480 15fps or 30fps.

P.S. It's very hard to post to the forum these days.

@PVFlyer - Apparently the default wifi Tx power is 20 dBm... Can you possibly provide exactly what dBm value your app increases this value to? Thank you.

midwestjeff said:
PVFlyer said:
midwestjeff said:
What's your FPV range before/after boosted? What preview quality did you use for testing?

I live in a super Urban area. Downtown Chicago. I have two range wifi range extenders that I swap out. One has the stage 1 upgrade from FPVLR. Depending on what I am trying to accomplish depends on what I use. I actually am preferring the stock setup more now with the software boost than the antenna setup. I don't like the fact that I have to aim my antennas perfectly to keep connection when flying with the FPVLR setup. When I run the stock setup I can just aim it in the general direction and it works!

All my numbers are the default resolution of 320 15fps

Stock setup:
Normal: 700-800 feet.
Boosted: 1000 - 1200 feet

Stage 1 FPVLR:
Normal: 1500 -1700 feet
Boosted: 2000-2200

But I clearly prefer to use the stock setup so I don't have to keep looking at exactly where it is

Interference sucks!! I would be willing to pay $20+ for an upgraded app with a City mode
Per your provided information of stock setup, the FPV range boosted 43-50% instead of 20%, which is not that bad in urban area.

The stock repeater antenna (residing inside the repeater) is relative lower gain 2-3 dBi with much wider beamwidth (easier to aim) than FPVLR high gain antenna. It's good you have 2 different setup for different purpose.

srandall25 said:
@PVFlyer - Apparently the default wifi Tx power is 20 dBm... Can you possibly provide exactly what dBm value your app increases this value to? Thank you.
Where do you get the information of "wifi Tx power is 20 dBm" of P2V+ aircraft end? It's obviously INCORRECT.

PVFlyer said:
srandall25 said:
Where do you get the information of "wifi Tx power is 20 dBm" of P2V+ aircraft end? It's obviously INCORRECT.
Following this thread... viewtopic.php?f=24&t=15771&hilit=20dbm
It appears this was for the Vision... not the Vision+. Can you reveal what the default dBm is for the Vision+ and what the increase is? Just curious is all... Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94