FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
ToddSmi said:
PVFlyer said:
Thank you all for your patient on waiting original P2V booster app. My developer buddy is working hard for weeks on resolving some technical issues on P2V booster. It's way more complicated than some of you guys (so call IT savvy) imagination by loading scripts to Linux/OpenWrt and boost the TX power. It involves loading some custom C libraries to change underlay protocols.

Boosting TX power approach does NOT work well on P2V, maybe improve FPV range from 400m to 500m if you know the way to do that, but with a lot of side effects. Adding TX power and/or high gain antennas are traditional/analogue ways dealing with RF, but we don't go down to that path. In fact, we LOWER the TX power substantially on P2V booster app and achieved extra 100% FPV range per our preliminary testing. Stay tuned!

I love it! I have bought the app for both my droid and apple devices for V+. Will add the app for my P2V once released. Happy to support folks that are making cool products in the RC aerial space at reasonable prices. If someone else thinks they can do it better or cheaper, no one is stopping them, but for now PVFlyer's friend is the only one to have "cracked" the code and they deserve some recognition and financial benefit for their efforts! Now if someone can figure out a software solution to the 7th channel control, I predict that will be very popular as well. The hardware solution from droneexpert looks to be about $140 so app developers are really a bargain! http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... no-slider/
Thanks a lot for your support. Can you also post a review to Google Pay and App Store?

We plan to add CH 7 control to stage-2 of booster app, if feasible. Had a quick thought of it and should be doable. There are so many items in our to-do-list, and need to prioritize them.

For those of us new to the concept, what exactly does CH 7 control to stage-2 of booster app do?

Also. Got the app... Love it!!!!

PVFlyer said:
ToddSmi said:
PVFlyer said:
Thank you all for your patient on waiting original P2V booster app. My developer buddy is working hard for weeks on resolving some technical issues on P2V booster. It's way more complicated than some of you guys (so call IT savvy) imagination by loading scripts to Linux/OpenWrt and boost the TX power. It involves loading some custom C libraries to change underlay protocols.

Boosting TX power approach does NOT work well on P2V, maybe improve FPV range from 400m to 500m if you know the way to do that, but with a lot of side effects. Adding TX power and/or high gain antennas are traditional/analogue ways dealing with RF, but we don't go down to that path. In fact, we LOWER the TX power substantially on P2V booster app and achieved extra 100% FPV range per our preliminary testing. Stay tuned!

I love it! I have bought the app for both my droid and apple devices for V+. Will add the app for my P2V once released. Happy to support folks that are making cool products in the RC aerial space at reasonable prices. If someone else thinks they can do it better or cheaper, no one is stopping them, but for now PVFlyer's friend is the only one to have "cracked" the code and they deserve some recognition and financial benefit for their efforts! Now if someone can figure out a software solution to the 7th channel control, I predict that will be very popular as well. The hardware solution from droneexpert looks to be about $140 so app developers are really a bargain! http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... no-slider/
Thanks a lot for your support. Can you also post a review to Google Pay and App Store?

We plan to add CH 7 control to stage-2 of booster app, if feasible. Had a quick thought of it and should be doable. There are so many items in our to-do-list, and need to prioritize them.

CH7 was available in the Phantom 2 Vision Non Plus models. Gave an extra channel. Everyone used this as the tilt control for the camera which made it buttery smooth to tilt as the physical control lever was usually mounted on the back of the transmitter. That option has been removed in the vision + as DJI wants us to have 3 hands to operate. Closest to smooth tilt is to use the gyro method, but that's really cumbersome to activate and operate whilst flying. You need to tilt whilst trying not to get glare on your phone and the movement seems to be robotic.

Not entirely true, neither Vision nor Plus allow the camera to be tilted from the TX directly, only thru the App. The P2 has a lever on the TX rear that is used to tilt the camera. This pot is present (but no external lever is supplied) in the P2V and P2V+ and does tilt the camera, until you run the app, then that pot is ignored.

Currently, actually starting today, DroneExpert has released a kit that installs in the Vision Plus only. It allows that transmitter pot to control camera tilt AND still retains the app tilt control as well. It's approx. $140 shipped to the US and sells for 85 Euro, here's the link from them;

"Today we have launched the DJI Vision+ 7th channel feature."
This is the of the website page.
http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... no-slider/

You need to either make your own or buy the rear lever kit from DJI to use this tilt function kit.

RemE said:
Not entirely true, neither Vision nor Plus allow the camera to be tilted from the TX directly, only thru the App. The P2 has a lever on the TX rear that is used to tilt the camera. This pot is present (but no external lever is supplied) in the P2V and P2V+ and does tilt the camera, until you run the app, then that pot is ignored.

Currently, actually starting today, DroneExpert has released a kit that installs in the Vision Plus only. It allows that transmitter pot to control camera tilt AND still retains the app tilt control as well. It's approx. $140 shipped to the US and sells for 85 Euro, here's the link from them;

You need to either make your own or buy the rear lever kit from DJI to use this tilt function kit.
DJI purposely disable CH-7 upon opening VISION app. This is likely due to avoiding conflict between the CH-7 lever and app tilting control. Otherwise, what happen if the lever is tilting UP but the app is tilting DOWN. I think the booster app can send a command to re-enable CH-7 and override the disable CH-7 command after opening VISION app CAMERA function.

PVFlyer said:
RemE said:

DJI purposely disable CH-7 upon opening VISION app. This is likely due to avoiding conflict between the CH-7 lever and app tilting control. Otherwise, what happen if the lever is tilting UP but the app is tilting DOWN. I think the booster app can send a command to re-enable CH-7 and override the disable CH-7 command after opening VISION app CAMERA function.

really look forward to that!!!

please let me know if you need any BETA :D :D

PVFlyer said:
RemE said:

Probably, the issue is that with the Vision and the Plus is that the TX 7th channel is decoded to X1 out on the Naza. DroneExpert used a hardware decoder and mixer to combine the TX commands and the WiFi App commands and sends them to the gimbal. I don't think you can pull it off with software only to have both the app and TX functions both work, it will probably be either/or. But would love for you to prove me wrong!

garrock said:
mr_3_0_5 said:
Are you still going to increase the preview quality?
If that could be pulled off then the P2V+ begins to have real commercial market value.

that is.. if you are out flying to inspect ground assets in real time, then you need the best realtime video downlink possible. Waiting to view the on-drone recording has little value in that scenario.

Or, will DJI try to keep that as a DJI LightBridge feature? (if they were more forward looking, they would try to enable the P2V+ with even more higher resolution for realtime viewing (aka preview... whatever).
HD 720p preview quality is still in our plan.

I'm unsure how much commercial market value of real time HD 720p or Lightbridge 1080p alone. However, I plan a powerful ground station backend system to control UAV and analyze real time streaming HD video or picture taken. I believe this is way more valuable, and there are dozens of vertical market applications requiring this. Just a few thoughts.

PVFlyer said:
I'm unsure how much commercial market value of real time HD 720p or Lightbridge 1080p alone. However, I plan a powerful ground station backend system to control UAV and analyze real time streaming HD video or picture taken. I believe this is way more valuable, and there are dozens of vertical market applications requiring this. Just a few thoughts.
Phones or tablets that support HDMI output can feed a larger display while the pilot flies the machine.

Keep up the good work.

RemE said:
... it will probably be either/or. But would love for you to prove me wrong!
From my modest point of view I wouldn't mind if it's either/or, I would much rather use Ch7, and I wouldn't mind as well not to have the right tilt monitoring feedback on the DJI app (which is another issue).
I guess that the DroneExpert addon covers all of this but do you really care about it ? For sure, the best feedback remain the FPV video itself :cool:
And a 85€ saving makes me make concessions ;)

@PVFlyer. Great news about the, hopefully soon, forthcoming original P2V booster app. I've been following this thread for a while now awaiting news and the comment on protocol changes sounds like you must be a good way into the dev test phase now :D

I've already modded my repeater with half dome LHCP antennas and now get stable fpv out to almost 2,800 feet on 640x480 30fps (stock nexus 5) every flight and would love to increase that by another 5 or 6 hundred feet to push me to the 1km range. Sounds like your app will more than likely do the job without me hacking more hardware mods.

When your ready if you are looking for Android beta testers I'd be happy to help out and take my quad to the next frontier, although I may have to connect up the 5.8 helix I've already purchased to maintain control :eek:

Yea better preview quality would be awesome
Not really understanding the ground station idea you mention

RichW said:
@PVFlyer. Great news about the, hopefully soon, forthcoming original P2V booster app. I've been following this thread for a while now awaiting news and the comment on protocol changes sounds like you must be a good way into the dev test phase now :D

I've already modded my repeater with half dome LHCP antennas and now get stable fpv out to almost 2,800 feet on 640x480 30fps (stock nexus 5) every flight and would love to increase that by another 5 or 6 hundred feet to push me to the 1km range. Sounds like your app will more than likely do the job without me hacking more hardware mods.

When your ready if you are looking for Android beta testers I'd be happy to help out and take my quad to the next frontier, although I may have to connect up the 5.8 helix I've already purchased to maintain control :eek:
Tested alpha version of P2V booster app and my friend flew a complete stock (un-modded) P2V aircraft and repeater to about 900-1000m. It worked fine as expected so far.

I don't see any problem you can get 1km (maybe 1.5km) FPV range with your LHCP half dome. It's likely to out fly your 5.8G control link though.

How do you record the dji app as you are flying it? I have a samsung s4

Be great to incorporate channel 7 ! Could careless if the app tilt worked as long as you get the lever working.
140.00 to much money for me , I'll deal with the shitty dji app until you get it going.

Mori55 said:
Be great to incorporate channel 7 ! Could careless if the app tilt worked as long as you get the lever working.
140.00 to much money for me , I'll deal with the shitty dji app until you get it going.
I think we can only put a ON/OFF switch for CH 7 lever, instead of using both app and lever concurrently.

Sounds like I best connect up the 5.8 antenna ready :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cig the lever works , who needs the app tilt
Just like before. Any idea when this may happen ?

I assume all of us with the P2V will soon be upgrading to the new wifi transmitter offered on the P2V+.

This Booster software works with the P2V+ wifi transmitter so I would assume a P2V(with a wifi upgraded) would work the same?

Has anyone bought the wifi transmitter of a P2V+ and tried it on a P2V?

texami said:
I assume all of us with the P2V will soon be upgrading to the new wifi transmitter offered on the P2V+.

This Booster software works with the P2V+ wifi transmitter so I would assume a P2V(with a wifi upgraded) would work the same?

Has anyone bought the wifi transmitter of a P2V+ and tried it on a P2V?

The app boosts the power of the Wi-Fi from the aircraft side, not the extender. As I understand it, the P2V's transmitter is in the camera, but the Vision+'s is in the aircraft. I don't think you can interchange the two.

-- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164