FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

srandall25 said:
tizzl10 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ex-mnkJkyc[/youtube]

beta Android wifi booster app
5364 feet distance then lost 5.8ghz control.

also first flight with the flytrex core 2 and dashware telemetry overlay.
Dude, that's sweet... may i ask what program/method you use to overlay your flytrex data with your video?

thank you, sir. the telemetry overlay is from dashware.net . It takes the .csv file from flytrex and converts it into graphical overlays that can be synced to your flight videos. I like it..a bit of a learning curve to get it synced but after a bit of trial and error, I was able to figure it out.

LMC said:
50mph was in ATT mode :D GPS mode can't fly that speed. :twisted:

may I ask what method you use to recover from the RTH? I know going to ATT mode will break the RTH but do you move S1 to ATT then quickly back to GPS? I was also curious if simply moving S2 to 'Home Lock' would break the RTH (assuming you're now in range)...

srandall25 said:
LMC said:
50mph was in ATT mode :D GPS mode can't fly that speed. :twisted:

may I ask what method you use to recover from the RTH? I know going to ATT mode will break the RTH but do you move S1 to ATT then quickly back to GPS? I was also curious if simply moving S2 to 'Home Lock' would break the RTH (assuming you're now in range)...

When RTH start , I move S1 to ATT wait RC reconnect P2V+. Wait the Coming home screen off , I can move S1 to GPS or keep in ATT mode.

tizzl10 said:
thank you, sir. the telemetry overlay is from dashware.net . It takes the .csv file from flytrex and converts it into graphical overlays that can be synced to your flight videos. I like it..a bit of a learning curve to get it synced but after a bit of trial and error, I was able to figure it out.

I just looked it up.. no native app support the mac. Do you happen to know of any other overlay apps out there that others are using that might support the mac?

LMC said:

When RTH start , I move S1 to ATT wait RC reconnect P2V+. Wait the Coming home screen off , I can move S1 to GPS or keep in ATT mode.

Cool... Do you know if moving S2 to 'Home Lock' position will negate the RTH and actually be in 'Home Lock' ?

srandall25 said:
tizzl10 said:

I just looked it up.. no native app support the mac. Do you happen to know of any other overlay apps out there that others are using that might support the mac?

no I sure don't. I don't know much about macs, but cant you run bootcamp for compatibility?

Yes, i can definitely run in boot camp... was just exploring options.. prefer to run native if I can. But if this is the best choice out there and only $50, it might be worth a shot...

srandall25 said:
Cool... Do you know if moving S2 to 'Home Lock' position will negate the RTH and actually be in 'Home Lock' ?

I don't like move S2 to 'Home Lock' because I can see so I can control everything. ;)
The very important thing is against the wind take off follow the wind back home when you long distance fly.

srandall25 said:
Yes, i can definitely run in boot camp... was just exploring options.. prefer to run native if I can. But if this is the best choice out there and only $50, it might be worth a shot...

understood..yeah from my knowledge, this is the only system out there to get the telemetry embedded in the video.

LMC said:
srandall25 said:

I don't like move S2 to 'Home Lock' because I can see so I can control everything. ;)
The very important thing is against the wind take off follow the wind back home when you long distance fly.

I'm not sure I quite understood what you were saying about not liking 'Home Lock' because you can see to control everything. My experience with 'Home Lock' has been quite good because while in 'Home Lock' I can yaw in any direction while pulling back on the right stick and it stays on a locked course to home, regardless of the yaw position... This is great for camera control while flying. Also I noticed that instead of pulling back on the right stick, you can still fly with the right stick left/right/forward and it's independent of your yaw position.. It will move in that direction and again you can yaw that phantom/camera however you want and it won't change your course... Anyway, I assume from your response that you don't know if moving S2 to 'Home Lock' will negate the RTH mode... I guess there is only one way to find out...

Common...time for the vision booster!!!!!! I have been waiting so long... I even bought vision+ app just for donation( I don't have vision+)

booster app beta tester: Neo
today i i flew in an open farmland field: in this field i get between 3,500 and 5,700 feet before RTH is activated. out of around 15 flights there i've only gone above 5,000 3 times. All the other times were between 4,200 and 5,000. the times i've gotten stopped at around 3,500 seemed to be flukes.
so with all that said, i never know what to expect at this field.
today at 408 feet up i was able to get 3,478 feet out (without booster app). i tired to push past this distance 3 times.
*side note: my furthest distance of 5,855 feet was at 400 feet up so i gauge things at 400 alt unless i need to go higher.

on the way back during RTH i turned on the Wifi Booster app (on my galaxy s4 android)
i turned around and headed back out and up and i beat my old record setting a new one of 6,028.9 feet (i was 606 feet up).
I decided to drop it back down to 400 feet and test the limits there. i should have never took it to 600 in the first place but i wasn't thinking.
At 378 feet up with the wifi extender on I reached 5,174 feet. thats just short of a mile.
so all in all the wifi extender took me from 3,478 feet to 5,174 feet at 400 feet up. thats a 1,696 foot addition by pressing one button after opening the app. that's very close to 50% boost. It was getting dark and the bugs were making a meal out of me so i had to stop. but i'll keep testing it and updating you.
Thanks you guys for letting me test this app. i'm going to need to upgrade my 5.8 soon! and thats a good thing

srandall25 said:
I'm not sure I quite understood what you were saying about not liking 'Home Lock' because you can see to control everything. My experience with 'Home Lock' has been quite good because while in 'Home Lock' I can yaw in any direction while pulling back on the right stick and it stays on a locked course to home, regardless of the yaw position... This is great for camera control while flying. Also I noticed that instead of pulling back on the right stick, you can still fly with the right stick left/right/forward and it's independent of your yaw position.. It will move in that direction and again you can yaw that phantom/camera however you want and it won't change your course... Anyway, I assume from your response that you don't know if moving S2 to 'Home Lock' will negate the RTH mode... I guess there is only one way to find out...

I know you mean , but long distance back home always need ATT mode . ATT speed faster than 'Home Lock' . ;)

LMC said:
srandall25 said:

I know you mean , but long distance back home always need ATT mode . ATT speed faster than 'Home Lock' . ;)

Oh ok.. i see what you mean... you like to take advantage of the wind as much as possible and fly with it rather than against it. that makes sense. Does the phantom still keep it's altitude using the barometer when in ATT mode? or do you have to keep adjusting the throttle as well?

srandall25 said:
Just another crazy thought to build an app for flight video with telemetry overlay & Google Map overlay:
1. Download both video and telemetry data from aircraft SD card to mobile/tablet through Wifi (about 4-5 minutes for downloading 20mins 1080p video), as telemetry data will be available soon per the manual.
2. Combine & sync telemetry overlay to video.
3. Combine & sync telemetry data to Google Map for plotting a flight path.

srandall25 said:
Oh ok.. i see what you mean... you like to take advantage of the wind as much as possible and fly with it rather than against it. that makes sense. Does the phantom still keep it's altitude using the barometer when in ATT mode? or do you have to keep adjusting the throttle as well?

Slow speed ok but fast speed have to turn up throttle keep altitude or let him nature going down.

PVFlyer said:
srandall25 said:
Just another crazy thought to build an app for flight video with telemetry overlay & Google Map overlay:
1. Download both video and telemetry data from aircraft SD card to mobile/tablet through Wifi (about 4-5 minutes for downloading 20mins 1080p video), as telemetry data will be available soon per the manual.
2. Combine & sync telemetry overlay to video.
3. Combine & sync telemetry data to Google Map for plotting a flight path.

ha..like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owWPRSWxTxM

I have the beta app installed on my Note3, and the images appear as it works well. I'll do a test flight this weekend and will report then.
214844ft7n5pse95sn9pn0.jpg

214848cqvupppq1fjp1p5m.jpg

My first test with Vision booster +

Cell - LG G2
Android 4.4.2

No obstructions, test made on unactive airport's runaway.
Attitude - 15-20 m for test.

Without booster - 673 m. ( stock Phantom vision + no mods, no antennas)
With booster - 590 m.

I think either I was doing something wrong or...?

mchrol said:
My first test with Vision booster +

Cell - LG G2
Android 4.4.2

No obstructions, test made on unactive airport's runaway.
Attitude - 15-20 m for test.

Without booster - 673 m. ( stock Phantom vision + no mods, no antennas)
With booster - 590 m.

I think either I was doing something wrong or...?

that's weird..less with booster? you should check your equipment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT