FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
Bigbells said:
Because someone is bound to ask:

No, the V+ Booster app does NOT increase the control range for flying your Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The results above might lead you to think so, but that would be an incorrect conclusion. The V+ Booster app increases the FPV range ONLY.

Jimmyckchan, I sure would like to know what your range is when using just the V+ Booster app and the 14dbi panel. I assume that when you used the 14dbi panel without the V+ Booster app, you lost FPV but still had flying control. I ordered one of the 14dbi panels yesterday.
I believe most of V+ Booster users knowing it's for Wifi FPV only, as I stated in FAQ of the first post Q5.

WHAT !!!, NO WAY !!! WHERE'S MY FORTUNE COOKIES ? ISNT COMES W/ IT, I GOT MY RECEIPT FROM iTunes Store.

Bigbells said:

No, the V+ Booster app does NOT increase the control range for flying your Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The results above might lead you to think so, but that would be an incorrect conclusion. The V+ Booster app increases the FPV range ONLY.

Jimmyckchan, I sure would like to know what your range is when using just the V+ Booster app and the 14dbi panel. I assume that when you used the 14dbi panel without the V+ Booster app, you lost FPV but still had flying control. I ordered one of the 14dbi panels yesterday.

Jimmy is my friend so I can help him how to fly loooong distance :twisted:

PVFlyer said:
I believe most of V+ Booster users knowing it's for Wifi FPV only, as I stated in FAQ of the first post Q5.
Wait and see... I'll guarandamtee ya that someone will ask if it boosts the range for flying the quad. It's been asked several times already and will be asked again. :D

PVFlyer said:
neoneo said:
can someone tell me whether the wifi extender box should be facing the drone or straight up in the air (for distance flights). i'm getting mixed results.
i have a 8dbi antenna facing horizontally (on the wifi extender), should the tx antenna face vertically or horizontally paralleling (but behind) the 8dbi antenna attached to the wifi box. i seem to lose connection on both at the same time
Can you post a picture of your setup? It's easier to let us understand your setting.
sorry i don't have the software to lower the resolution of my pics to fit this sites requirements. if look at this video http://youtu.be/DhyLySJK4vs at 8:28 he talks about it "radiating off the side". at that point he has the antenna facing horizontally. thats my exact set up. but I'm just wondering if the wifi box should be facing the drone or straight in the air for best results. and if the tx antenna (stock) should face the drone or straight up in the air.

neoneo said:
but I'm just wondering if the wifi box should be facing the drone or straight in the air for best results. and if the tx antenna (stock) should face the drone or straight up in the air.
I don't know if there's a difference with added equipment, but in stock configuration the Tx antenna should point straight up, and the flat surface on top of the wi-fi box should be facing the drone.

neoneo said:
PVFlyer said:
neoneo said:
can someone tell me whether the wifi extender box should be facing the drone or straight up in the air (for distance flights). i'm getting mixed results.
i have a 8dbi antenna facing horizontally (on the wifi extender), should the tx antenna face vertically or horizontally paralleling (but behind) the 8dbi antenna attached to the wifi box. i seem to lose connection on both at the same time
Can you post a picture of your setup? It's easier to let us understand your setting.
sorry i don't have the software to lower the resolution of my pics to fit this sites requirements. if look at this video http://youtu.be/DhyLySJK4vs at 8:28 he talks about it "radiating off the side". at that point he has the antenna facing horizontally. thats my exact set up. but I'm just wondering if the wifi box should be facing the drone or straight in the air for best results. and if the tx antenna (stock) should face the drone or straight up in the air.
Firstly, I'm unable to open your video link. It's hard to guess your setup without detailed information. You mentioned 8dBi antenna, is it for 2.4G or 5.8G, Omni or directional?

Bigbells said:
jimmyckchan said:
Hi PVFlyer,

Finally I flied yesterday night with preview 640x480@15fps and got the result below

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel = 537M

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel & sunhans 2.4G & 5.8G hardware booster = 854M

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel & sunhans 2.4G & 5.8G hardware booster & V+ booster app = 1537.9M :lol:

Update:

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel = 537M (lost FPV signal)

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel & sunhans 2.4G & 5.8G hardware booster = 854M (lost FPV signal)

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel & sunhans 2.4G & 5.8G hardware booster & V+ booster app = 1537.9M :lol: (lost FPV first and then start to RTH and reconnect FPV at 14xxM)

LMC said:
Bigbells said:

Jimmy is my friend so I can help him how to fly loooong distance :twisted:

Yes, LMC teach me a lot. :D

jimmyckchan said:
Update:

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel & sunhans 2.4G & 5.8G hardware booster = 854M (lost FPV signal)

Stock PV+ with 14dbi panel & sunhans 2.4G & 5.8G hardware booster & V+ booster app = 1537.9M :lol: (lost FPV first and then start to RTH and reconnect FPV at 14xxM)
Just curious, what 14dBi panel do you use? Is it for 2.4G or 5.8G? Can you post a picture of your setup?

PVFlyer said:
neoneo said:
Firstly, I'm unable to open your video link. It's hard to guess your setup without detailed information. You mentioned 8dBi antenna, is it for 2.4G or 5.8G, Omni or directional?
Alright now I can watch the video. I grabbed a few diagrams from the web showing Omni antenna RF pattern and polarization. If you straight up a dipole, it's vertical polarized and there are 2 NULLs at the top and bottom in elevation view. If you fly your bird right above of you (with NULL pointing to your bird) at a distance, you are likely dropping the signal regardless 2.4G or 5.8G. Obviously, you are unable to fly right under you though. The same theory applies on laying down the dipole with horizontal polarization as illustrated in the diagram.

Luckily, P2V/Vision+ aircraft are using 2.4G LHCP patch for Wifi video, and you are always getting 3dB signal loss when matching CP and linear (horizontal or vertical) polarized antenna as long as not pointing the NULL to your bird and covered by RF pattern. I doubt there is any benefit with such antenna mod for P2V/Vision+ in the video, unless you want to fly your bird behind you.

Attachments

• dipole-HP-pattern.JPG
    dipole-HP-pattern.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 808
  • dipole-VP-pattern.JPG
    dipole-VP-pattern.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 770

PVFlyer said:
jimmyckchan said:
Update:

Just curious, what 14dBi panel do you use? Is it for 2.4G or 5.8G? Can you post a picture of your setup?

Attachments

• TB1.rYxFFXX.jpg
    TB1.rYxFFXX.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 690
  • T2GRGyXN0aXXXXXXXX-930285577.jpg
    T2GRGyXN0aXXXXXXXX-930285577.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 715
  • Walkera-Fpv-pa5801-signal-amplifier-tx5803-tx5804.jpg
    Walkera-Fpv-pa5801-signal-amplifier-tx5803-tx5804.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 745

jimmyckchan said:
PVFlyer said:
jimmyckchan said:
Update:

Seems 2.4G repeater end antenna is the weakest link if you are hunting for range. You may also consider using dual LHCP 2.4G antennas running MIMO. Personally, I am not a fan of high power 2.4G/5.8G amplifier due to legal EIRP limit.

PVFlyer said:
PVFlyer said:
neoneo said:
Alright now I can watch the video. I grabbed a few diagrams from the web showing Omni antenna RF pattern and polarization. If you straight up a dipole, it's vertical polarized and there are 2 NULLs at the top and bottom in elevation view. If you fly your bird right above of you (with NULL pointing to your bird) at a distance, you are likely dropping the signal regardless 2.4G or 5.8G. Obviously, you are unable to fly right under you though. The same theory applies on laying down the dipole with horizontal polarization as illustrated in the diagram.

Luckily, P2V/Vision+ aircraft are using 2.4G LHCP patch for Wifi video, and you are always getting 3dB signal loss when matching CP and linear (horizontal or vertical) polarized antenna as long as not pointing the NULL to your bird and covered by RF pattern. I doubt there is any benefit with such antenna mod for P2V/Vision+ in the video, unless you want to fly your bird behind you.
ok so is the 2.4 stock antenna in the drone vertical or horizontal? that will determine which direction i point the antenna
and should the wifi box be pointed at the drone (ie. 3000 feet in front of me) or straight up and down?

The stock Vision control is 5.8Ghz and the antennas are vertically oriented down the legs of the model. The TX antenna should be oriented vertical. If the model is straight overhead, the tx antenna should not be pointed directly at the model, then you would tip the antenna a little.

The Video is 2.4Ghz and the tx mounted extender's face should always be pointed directly at the model.

PVFlyer: Can I also beta test the Android app, have an Xeperia Z2? Cannot PM You :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94