FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range

pvflyer. would you be able to (at a high level..no need to divulge trade secrets) tell us a bit about how the app works from the aspect of what percentage of power increase the app boosts from stock to modified power and what (if any) measures were taken to make certain the extender isnt damaged in any way from the boost?

phantomguy said:
pvflyer. would you be able to (at a high level..no need to divulge trade secrets) tell us a bit about how the app works from the aspect of what percentage of power increase the app boosts from stock to modified power and what (if any) measures were taken to make certain the extender isnt damaged in any way from the boost?
You may refer to the FAQ in OP.

Peter089 said:
So I did it. I have wifi connection and see the video. I try it a few times delete your app and Dji reinstall it. Maybe the problem is the JB
Can you PM me your iPhone4's UDID? I will send you a link to download a fix and check whether it fixes your problem.

pyrophantom said:
Just picked up on this one guys to apologies for being slow on the uptake - is there any danger at all that this will interfere in the existing setup of the range extender ? Basically is it simply boosting the transmit range without affecting much else ? oh and will it work with ipad mini ?

Ah think ive just read it affects the aircraft not the range extender ??
Yes, it only boosts the Vision+ aircraft in this stage-1. We have been working on stage-2, which will also boost the range extender.

PVFlyer said:
pyrophantom said:
Just picked up on this one guys to apologies for being slow on the uptake - is there any danger at all that this will interfere in the existing setup of the range extender ? Basically is it simply boosting the transmit range without affecting much else ? oh and will it work with ipad mini ?

Ah think ive just read it affects the aircraft not the range extender ??
Yes, it only boosts the Vision+ aircraft in this stage-1. We have been working on stage-2, which will also boost the range extender.

hello, PVFlyer. when will android app will be available do you think?

Thank you PVFlyer... this is a very interesting app. I've been a long time flyer of the DJI Phantoms and just bought this to try on my vision plus.

PVFlyer, 2 important questions I haven't seen answered:

1) Why do you think DJI did not do this in the beginning and allow the wifi signal to be stronger? Laws? Battery power? other?

2) What would happen if you launch this app on your personal WIFI network... does it boost that signal too? What is it actually doing? Does it tap into something specific in the quadcopter by breaking thru their security and if so, why wouldn't DJI make that more secure?

PVFlyer, would really appreciate your thoughts. The app is great, but I think people would be even more apt to buy it if they felt more security in how it works, why DJI didn't do this, and assurance of no side effects. Thanks in advance for your response on the two questions above.

I got the app and I'm enjoying it. Previously, I got about the same distance with both flight control and FPV. It was a coin flip which one of the two would be out of range first. Now, I can fly out of visual range with very high odds that I'll have FPV past the distance that I lose flight control. For flying around on my tree-filled property, that's a very nice thing to have.
Thanks very much for developing this app and making it available.

Bigbells said:
I got the app and I'm enjoying it. Previously, I got about the same distance with both flight control and FPV. It was a coin flip which one of the two would be out of range first. Now, I can fly out of visual range with very high odds that I'll have FPV past the distance that I lose flight control. For flying around on my tree-filled property, that's a very nice thing to have.

How can you explain that changing only FPV power, (booster), now you can go more flight distance ? :geek:

jumanoc said:
Bigbells said:

How can you explain that changing only FPV power, (booster), now you can go more flight distance ? :geek:

you need to re-read what he said.

I just bought the app from the appstore. Whats 8euro against the cost of this machine. I was getting around 300 meters before. I will test this tomorrow and see how far i get. Do you guys suggest 30fps or 15 fps for max distance?

race3 said:
Thank you PVFlyer... this is a very interesting app. I've been a long time flyer of the DJI Phantoms and just bought this to try on my vision plus.

PVFlyer, 2 important questions I haven't seen answered:

1) Why do you think DJI did not do this in the beginning and allow the wifi signal to be stronger? Laws? Battery power? other?

2) What would happen if you launch this app on your personal WIFI network... does it boost that signal too? What is it actually doing? Does it tap into something specific in the quadcopter by breaking thru their security and if so, why wouldn't DJI make that more secure?

PVFlyer, would really appreciate your thoughts. The app is great, but I think people would be even more apt to buy it if they felt more security in how it works, why DJI didn't do this, and assurance of no side effects. Thanks in advance for your response on the two questions above.

1) I don't want to guess how DJI thought. Should these questions go to DJI?
2) No, it does NOT boost your personal Wifi network. You may refer to FAQ section in the OP about how it works.

jumanoc said:
I do not get more flight distance with the FPV booster app. In fact, my best distance of 4400' was before I got the app. All I'm saying is that I now have FPV in a good number of situations where previously, the FPV connection had been lost.

It would have been more clear if I'd said that I now am more likely to still have FPV AT the distance that I lose flight control (rather than PAST the distance, which is, OK, both confusing and wrong). The app does not give me increased flying distance.

Bigbells said:
jumanoc said:
I do not get more flight distance with the FPV booster app. In fact, my best distance of 4400' was before I got the app. All I'm saying is that I now have FPV in a good number of situations where previously, the FPV connection had been lost.

I don't feel like I was unclear, but it would have been more clear if I'd said that now I will be more likely to still have FPV at the distance that I lose flight control. The app does not give me increased flying distance.
Are you able to test another flight path? Any chance there is some sort of 2.4G interference at such 4400' distance? What Preview Quality did you use? Did you lose control signal at 4400'?

PVFlyer said:
Bigbells said:
jumanoc said:

I don't feel like I was unclear, but it would have been more clear if I'd said that now I will be more likely to still have FPV at the distance that I lose flight control. The app does not give me increased flying distance.
Are you able to test another flight path? Any chance there is some sort of 2.4G interference at such 4400' distance? What Preview Quality did you use? Did you lose control signal at 4400'?
Yes, I lost the 5.8Ghz control signal, not the 2.4Ghz video signal. The direction I went is consistently my best (greatest distance) direction from my current location. I'm thinking it's possible that I could increase the distance by locating my take-off point further "back" on that same flight path. I'll be sure to brag about it if that happens, lol.

PVFlyer said:
Yes, I lost the 5.8Ghz control signal, not the 2.4Ghz video signal. The direction I went is consistently my best (greatest distance) direction from my current location. I'm thinking it's possible that I could increase the distance by locating myself and my take-off point further "back" on that same flight path. I'll be sure to brag about it if that happens, lol.

Bigbells said:
PVFlyer said:
Yes, I lost the 5.8Ghz control signal, not the 2.4Ghz video signal. The direction I went is consistently my best (greatest distance) direction from my current location. I'm thinking it's possible that I could increase the distance by locating myself and my take-off point further "back" on that same flight path. I'll be sure to brag about it if that happens, lol.
If you refer to FAQ section Q5. in the OP, I stated below:
------------------------------
Q5. Does it boost 5.8G control link?
NO. This V+ Booster app only boosts 2.4G Wi-Fi video connection (FPV) while the 5.8G control link remains the same.
------------------------------
If you lost control signal at 4400ft, the app could not help to boost your control range. You may add a 5.8G directional patch antenna to the transmitter. I get 3km+ control range with such patch.

Bigbells said:
PVFlyer said:

looks like you are going to have to upgrade your 5.8 control. are you using the stock 5.8 antenna? if you are getting that range with a stock antenna, you will definitely benefit from a panel antenna. I never got over 2000ft with my stock but can consistently get 5000- 7000ft with a panel.

PVFlyer said:
If you lost control signal at 4400ft, the app could not help to boost your control range.
I really don't know how I could state it more clearly than I already have done. The app does not boost my control range, and I have never made any statement that indicates that I thought it did. The app does not improve my control range and I know that.

PVFlyer said:

Count me in. This app is a great breakthrough.

mem_ny said:
PVFlyer said:

Count me in. This app is a great breakthrough.
Hey mem_ny, I sent you a PM with promo code of this app. Open your PM inbox and retrieve it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94