FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

To answer your question, yes, you can install a screen recorder on a non jailbroken iPhone.

Go here: http://emu4ios.net from your device.

Install "RecordScreen"

Unfortunately it doesn't work on 7.1.1 but they say it will soon.

borgqueenx said:
srandall25 said:
mr_3_0_5 said:
Is there a way to record screen on non jailbroken iPad mini?
Yes, go into Cydia and search for an app called 'Display Recorder'. It will video record anything that is displayed on your screen. It cost $5. Here is a video I found in this thread of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q82Qvv1eGRs
Please enlighten us how and where we can get into cydia on a non-jailbroken ipad xD

borgqueenx said:
srandall25 said:
mr_3_0_5 said:
Is there a way to record screen on non jailbroken iPad mini?
Yes, go into Cydia and search for an app called 'Display Recorder'. It will video record anything that is displayed on your screen. It cost $5. Here is a video I found in this thread of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q82Qvv1eGRs
Please enlighten us how and where we can get into cydia on a non-jailbroken ipad xD
my bad... i thought i read jailbroken... please enlighten us? lol... at least you've been consistent in this forum...
Good find on the app link in message above. I was not aware of that app...

I posted this, then deleted it .. but, I think it's worth saying:

Please be careful with 'magic' apps that claim to boost FPV range.

For those of you who do root your devices, please be very careful about what software you allow to run as root. Do you really trust some magic software from some random guy? Because as soon as you allow it to run as root, your whole device could be compromised.

dbcch said:
I posted this, then deleted it .. but, I think it's worth saying:

Please be careful with 'magic' apps that claim to boost FPV range. I am a software engineer myself, so I know what's possible and what isn't. I would like to hear how this is accomplished. The only remotely feasible way I can think of is to, on a rooted device, adjust some unexposed settings of the official DJI app, but even in that case, there is a reason those settings aren't exposed - and that's me really trying to envision any conceivable way this is possible. I mean, come on...

For those of you who do root your devices, please be very careful about what software you allow to run as root. Do you really trust some magic software from some random guy? Because as soon as you allow it to run as root, your whole device could be compromised.
Yeah right software engineer.
Go see more posts on what this app does, and see the results.

borgqueenx said:

I actually am. And can actually prove it.

I tried reading through this thread to see what it supposedly does. I saw no reasonable explanation for this magic. I listed the only remotely plausible thing I could think of.

EDIT: Supposedly it boosts transmit power of the Phantom. Really? How is that possible via a third-party app? Did DJI add some easy to access (and thus exploit) hidden setting for this? How does the third-party app interface with the Phantom at all? What is the mechanism? Does it SSH into the Phantom camera/transmitter? You were the first to 'crack' this channel? It's left open for another connection in addition to the DJI app's connection?

I'd prefer to know how over anecdotal reports from potential sock puppets. FPV range can vary day to day, location to location.

The lack of an answer and your tone suggests it is BS. Thus, my warning, which is very valid warning that anyone with common sense would agree with, is only reinforced.

Again, if you root your device, the moment you give any application root access, you are potentially compromised! You better be sure you trust the developer of any root-requiring app.

dbcch said:
borgqueenx said:

I tried reading through this thread to see what it supposedly does. I saw no reasonable explanation for this magic. I listed the only remotely plausible thing I could think of.

EDIT: Supposedly it boosts transmit power of the Phantom. Really? How is that possible via a third-party app? Did DJI add some easy to access (and thus exploit) hidden setting for this? How does the third-party app interface with the Phantom at all? What is the mechanism?

I'd prefer to know how over anecdotal reports from potential sock puppets. FPV range can vary day to day, location to location.

The lack of an answer and your tone suggests it is BS. Thus, my warning, which is very valid warning that anyone with common sense would agree with, is only reinforced.

Again, if you root your device, the moment you give any application root access, you are potentially compromised! You better be sure you trust the developer of any root-requiring app.

i see what you are saying, but the app works..of course it crosses one's mind when installing 3rd party applications which require root access, but so do many cydia apps that people develop and install. i have been jailbreaking since the original iphone and never had any issues. Im an early adopter on many this with this being one. the app works and as far as i can tell, it is harmless.

dbcch said:
borgqueenx said:

EDIT: Supposedly it boosts transmit power of the Phantom. Really? How is that possible via a third-party app? Did DJI add some easy to access (and thus exploit) hidden setting for this? How does the third-party app interface with the Phantom at all? What is the mechanism?

Technically putting rooted apps can damage your phone or steal sensitive data. Link me examples where this happened through a open or community made app, please.

Also, like someone else mentioned, alot countries have restriction on maximal power. Thus DJI kept it low to not get in trouble with some countries, thus avoiding getting a trial or having no sales in that region.
This is also not a hard hack. Simple SSH'ing into the device and editting the parameters most likely.
I doubt DJI put encryped passwords. Its youre device after all and warrenty gets void if you tamper with it.
There are alot companies that don't care about rooted devices and hacks on their robots or hardware. Because it voids warrenty so its not their problem anymore.

Hi PVFlyer , I am expecting my new FV2+ tomorrow and I have been following this thread, I am impressed with you and your friends work on this app and I am sure the community here also is very excited about it. I plan on using Android devices to connect, but I also have a newer IPOD that I was thinking of using, are you taking any more beta testers for ios at this time? I saw your post a few days ago saying you were but not sure if you have already filled your quota.

Again, awesome work!

Zycor

dbcch,
yes, we all put a lot of trust into just about any app we use... yes Apple's apps go through a 'sanitization' and approval process before they can be downloaded, but have you seen how many apps are added and approved for the app store on a daily basis? The approval board is certainly not going through every line of code in scrutiny. The risk of compromise is what we all face with any software. You can make the argument that the risk of someone providing software who we 'don't know' on the forum is greater than someone we 'don't know' who submitted an app via Apple and went through the approval process. I would argue the risk may or may not be just as great. We just don't know.

As for this being a magic app... well, I think that would be an unfair statement to make without knowing all the details that went into such an app... let alone making a statement prior to asking the app provider some key technical questions first. I know that I have an app on my jailbroken iPhone called 'Mywii' and in the advanced setting of this app, it allows me to adjust the gain of the wifi by percentage. I know that back in the day, there was this WRT54G Linksys router that had a very hackable Linux based OS which everyone came out with their version firmware hack that allowed folks to adjust the gain and range of their router. This isn't anything new. To think this wouldn't be technically feasible is a far cry from what my experience has led me to believe.

The app is remarkable.

Just did my first test with stock RE700 repeater, stock P2V+, and Tony's 3.5 turn antenna for the 5.8 RC.

Clear day over residential neighborhood in Northport NY.
FPV at 320x240 30 fps
Altitude 450 ft for unboosted and boosted test.

Unboosted FVP distance was 2,050 ft.
Boosted FVP distance was 3,620 ft.

Result was 75% Increase over stock range extender.

Considering all the time I've spent with antennas and mod's, it's very significant that FPV range can be increased 75% by a software update.

I have yet to modify my P2V+ RE700 repeater but will do so this week so I can add Tony's half sphere and alternatively Will's Super Plus Pilot end (with 2 FPV antennas).

Should be able to reach 1 full mile FPV without altering the P2V+. I was never comfortable with the antennas on the bird itself.

Not sure yet what the problems may be with the app upgrade, but clearly, it works!!!

I'll be in line to purchase it.

mem_ny said:
The app is remarkable.

Just did my first test with stock RE700 repeater, stock P2V+, and Tony's 3.5 turn antenna for the 5.8 RC.

Clear day over residential neighborhood in Northport NY.
FPV at 320x240 30 fps
Altitude 450 ft for unboosted and boosted test.

Unboosted FVP distance was 2,050 ft.
Boosted FVP distance was 3,620 ft.

Result was 75% Increase over stock range extender.

Considering all the time I've spent with antennas and mod's, it's very significant that FPV range can be increased 75% by a software update.

I have yet to modify my P2V+ RE700 repeater but will do so this week so I can add Tony's half sphere and alternatively Will's Super Plus Pilot end (with 2 FPV antennas).

Should be able to reach 1 full mile FPV without altering the P2V+. I was never comfortable with the antennas on the bird itself.

Not sure yet what the problems may be with the app upgrade, but clearly, it works!!!

I'll be in line to purchase it.

try to fly in a non-wifi congested area. makes a huge difference.

I want to clarify some confusion. The booster app does NOT require rooted Android or jailbreak iOS devices, though some of the beta testers running on JB iDevice.

I believe nobody knows everything in the world, and no software engineer knows everything in software. I have many 15+ years experienced software engineers/consultants on staff. If I asked them about this little booster app, I bet only 20% of them knowing roughly what it is. These 20% technical guys are likely with experience on Wifi networking, while the other 80% are also very good in their specialized software aspects.

This booster app utilizes software as a tool to enhance the stock Vision+ FPV performance. It also works on antenna modded Vision+.

Another bump for the Android version. Please let us know. This sounds like a great mod for getting some of the "whole golf course" or "complete resort" shots some of my clients would like to see. Thanks for the work you are doing on this project.

Flying P2V+ Stock. Galaxy Note 2 for FPV.

drmgcm69 said:
PVFlyer,,

Any idea when we will be able to try out the Android version?

Cheers

D
The iOS version had been submitted to Apple. My friend is working hard on the Android version every evening. I don't want to push him too hard, you know man, he does not develop apps for living.

PVFlyer said:
drmgcm69 said:
PVFlyer,,

Cheers

D
The iOS version had been submitted to Apple. My friend is working hard on the Android version every evening. I don't want to push him too hard, you know man, he does not develop apps for living.

Hey no worries man :D just curious is all ;)

D

well, it definatly works :)

i took mine out this morning. stock setup, i got out to 950m before loosing wifi connection,then i launched the app, and took out to 1300m at about 50m high. and still had signal. then i got scared because it was quite windy, and decided to come home :p

Alib said:

i took mine out this morning. stock setup, i got out to 950m before loosing wifi connection,then i launched the app, and took out to 1300m at about 50m high. and still had signal. then i got scared because it was quite windy, and decided to come home :p

nice. i was scared too, but i took mine out a tad bit over a mile.

PVFlyer said:
drmgcm69 said:
PVFlyer,,

Cheers

D
Awesome! What is the price you have set?
From what power to what power have you chose in the end?

Alib said:

Well done, Alib! What Preview Quality did you use for 950m and 1300m? I'm gathering test results to prepare a summary.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94