FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
this panel or patch antenna..some call it panel or patch. http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Antenna- ... el+antenna

aim needs to be pretty accurate once you get out a good bit..say half a mile or so. installation was easy.

This 5.8G 14dBi patch panel should get 4 KM (13,000 ft) control link WITHOUT requiring to mod the aircraft.

You may refer to my picture of it's orientation installed on the transmitter, which is vertical polarized matching with the 5.8G antennas on the aircraft. If you rotate the panel 90-degree, it becomes horizontal polarized and your control range would be a lot shorter due to mismatching polarization.

whoaaaa.. hold up..! 13,000 ft?? I have the same antenna with the same position. you are getting 13,000 ft?!?! how?

OK guys, I got dozens of PMs requesting to be a beta tester. Due to certain misunderstanding previously, many beta test candidates are flying original Vision instead of Vision+ Plus. This software booster is NOT compatible with original Vision for the time being.

I would like to open up a second round beta test for those Vision+ Plus pilots. I only have 5 more UDID quota for Vision+ pilots, who are willing to share your test results to the community. Please PM me your UDID and clarify that you are flying Vision+ Plus.

P.S. For those who sent PMs to me your UDID earlier, you do NOT need to re-send.

PVFlyer said:
OK guys, I got dozens of PMs requesting to be a beta tester. Due to certain misunderstanding previously, many beta test candidates are flying original Vision instead of Vision+ Plus. This software booster is NOT compatible with original Vision for the time being.

I would like to open up a second round beta test for those Vision+ Plus pilots. I only have 5 more UDID quota for Vision+ pilots, who are willing to share your test results to the community. Please PM me your UDID and clarify that you are flying Vision+ Plus.

P.S. For those who sent PMs to me your UDID earlier, you do NOT need to re-send.

awesome..to the folks PM'ing me..here is your chance! send him your UDID!

tizzl10 said:
whoaaaa.. hold up..! 13,000 ft?? I have the same antenna with the same position. you are getting 13,000 ft?!?! how?
I still keep my Vision+ 5.8G transmitter in the box. I use my old P2V transmitter with a tiny battery mod months ago. I will post some pictures shortly. Meanwhile, you may try to replace new "good quality" AA batteries, and see if it helps.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
I still keep my Vision+ 5.8G transmitter in the box. I use my old P2V transmitter with a tiny battery mod months ago. I will post some pictures shortly. Meanwhile, you may try to replace new "good quality" AA batteries, and see if it helps.
Did you have to re-program the old controller to work with the new phantom?

I have to mods my controller because I use 5.8G 14dbi patch antenna always break connect first :cry: .
Today the longest distance is 2143M but vision seems good.
Let me take a reset and post test picture later.

Attachments

• 14147435702_8bfc122b45_c.jpg
    14147435702_8bfc122b45_c.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 468

LMC said:
I have to mods my controller because I use 5.8G 14dbi patch antenna always break connect first :cry: .
Congratulations! WTF, 2143M is about 7000 ft. What Preview Quality did you use? Do you have any antenna mod on the repeater?

LMC said:
What's the FPV range without booster? Just want to get an idea for comparison. Your range is longer than my calculation.

My P2V+ setting : V1.08 , 5.8G 14dbi patch antenna ,640@15fps

Test 1: Stock RE700 range extender antenna about 1400M, no software boosted
14127104386_105d15f0d0_z.jpg

Test 2:Stock RE700 range extender antenna and software boosted about 1840M.
13965285299_3f6aa43afe_z.jpg

Test 3:Tp-link 9dbi patch antenna and software boosted . When I lost control the vision seems good.
14170342363_89b1083159_z.jpg

Test 4:Fpvlr 12.9dbi LHCP antenna and software boosted . When I lost control the vision seems good.
14147435702_8bfc122b45_z.jpg

So I have to mods my 5.8G control and receive power .
Maybe I try Fpvlr 5.8G 12 turns RHCP antenna for controller tomorrow.

srandall25 said:
Am I ok to beta test this with the antenna upgrades to my range extender as well? Will the antenna upgrade have any effect on heat issues?
This software booster works with/without antenna upgrade on your range extender. Antenna upgrade should not have any heat issues.

Please share with us your test results.

LMC said:

Test 3:Tp-link 9dbi patch antenna and software boosted . When I lost control the vision seems good.

Test 4:Fpvlr 12.9dbi LHCP antenna and software boosted . When I lost control the vision seems good.

Maybe I try 5.8G 12 turns RHCP antenna for controller tomorrow.
Good job Jason. Thanks again for your updates. You got 1840M at 640@15fps with stock RE700 range extender and software boosted, which is very good range.

FPVLR said:
LMC said:

yes you are limited with 5.8 range, you should be able to go much more if you fix the 5.8 range problem, probably around 4km from calculations.

What you can do is add a 5.8 1w booster from sunhans.

Tony

Tony:

Next step I will install RHCP 5.8 GHz Pentalobe V.2 1.9dbi on P2V+ .
Recently you got some RHCP 5.8 GHz Pentalobe V.2 1.9dbi orders form my friends right? :twisted:

Jason

PVFlyer said:

Hi Tony,

I'm a new comer of this forum so I can't send pm you. I really hope to become one of the vision+ booster tester and test it in HK. Yes, I'm living in HK and proud of this booster is develop in hk. How can I send you my UDID? Via email?

LMC said:

曲兄,台灣那邊的天氣跟香港差不多,200多米高已看見雲層。

jimmyckchan said:
LMC said:

曲兄,台灣那邊的天氣跟香港差不多,200多米高已看見雲層。
沒辦法@@
早上出門還在下雨!

FPVLR said:
jimmyckchan said:
PVFlyer said:

Hi Tony,

I'm a new comer of this forum so I can't send pm you. I really hope to become one of the vision+ booster tester and test it in HK. Yes, I'm living in HK and proud of this booster is develop in hk. How can I send you my UDID? Via email?

Jimmy I am Tony but I am not the developer of this software so don't want to take credit for this. I only make antennas, and I am happy if this boosting solution actually works well so my antennas can go even further.
Tony

I'm sorry , Tony. Please forgive me.

App will not let me install it
I don't know what going on
Maybe my numbers are not in the system yet

I am flying almost daily, 3 batteries and attemting much longer range, would like to beta if possible, running a Samsung Galaxy S5.

jimmyckchan said:
PVFlyer said:

Hi Tony,

my app installed without issue. Raining all day and can't wait to test.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94