fpv 2.4 ghz

Im not to expert on this, but i think your FC40 transmitter is 2.4ghz and if you try to use a 2.4ghz system for FPV you are going to have issues, im thinking you need to use the 5.8ghz FPV system you have in the link you gave.

i said i wasnt an expert. i thought the early phantoms were 2.4ghz :oops:

crash1sttime said:
The Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 are 2.4 Ghz for the controller.
The FC40 and the Vision models are 5.8 Ghz for the controller, 2.4Ghz for the wifi/video.

I'm not an expert ...but I have stayed in a few Holiday Inn's....

CityZen said:
crash1sttime said:
The Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 are 2.4 Ghz for the controller.
The FC40 and the Vision models are 5.8 Ghz for the controller, 2.4Ghz for the wifi/video.

And now I know, thanks Zen

plymouthphantom said:
For cheaper versions of the above, you want a Boscam TS321 and RC802 ;)
Dang...half what I paid for mine :eek:

Numero5 in case you are not aware the Camera on the FC40 is Wifi (2.4Ghz) but not 2.4Ghz video / audio so for the FC40 we have two routes for FPV. First get a Wifi extender (to help with range) and use a tablet / smart phone with the FC40 App and you can get some reasonable distance. Second you replace the FC40 camera with a Gopro / SJ4000 and Gimbal then add a 2.4Ghz TX. On the ground you have a 2.4 Ghz RC feeding into a monitor OR 2.4ghz Goggles. I made the mistake of buying Boscam switchable %.8/2.4Ghz goggles to view the FC40 camera, doesn't work.

Fuji-Flyer said:
Numero5 in case you are not aware the Camera on the FC40 is Wifi (2.4Ghz) but not 2.4Ghz video / audio so for the FC40 we have two routes for FPV. First get a Wifi extender (to help with range) and use a tablet / smart phone with the FC40 App and you can get some reasonable distance. Second you replace the FC40 camera with a Gopro / SJ4000 and Gimbal then add a 2.4Ghz TX. On the ground you have a 2.4 Ghz RC feeding into a monitor OR 2.4ghz Goggles. I made the mistake of buying Boscam switchable %.8/2.4Ghz goggles to view the FC40 camera, doesn't work.

Thak you Fuji-Flyer! I've just replaced the stock camera with a gimbal and a SJ5000+ :D but now I'm just curious to try real fpv.... I've bought an osd from GoodLuckyBuy and tryng to find all the other stuff to complete the set up

P.S. the osd I've bought is this http://www.goodluckbuy.com/s-osd-re...ht-mode-for-dji-naza-lite-v2-gps-vs-iosd.html, but I'm scared I'm not able to set it up :(

Sorry guys I've got one more question... is it possible to use the DJI Wi-Fi Range Extender (of the P2 Vision ) for increase the range of connection for my FC40 with sj5000+ onboard? will it work or will interfere with tx signal?

Thank you

unfortunately the p2v range extender will only work with the p2v camera because of the way the software hides its SSID tho it may be possible to some how hack the software of the range extender some how.

But another way to get better fpv range out of the fc40 and still use the fc40 camera and have better range then most all range extenders is to get a kindle fire and use that instead of a cell phone. You will double or quadruple the range. and if you want even more then you can hack in an external antenna mod to the kindle and get some crazy far range compared to a phone and most range extenders. and if you want to get even farther throw in an inline signal booster and get even more range still.

J.James said:
unfortunately the p2v range extender will only work with the p2v camera because of the way the software hides its SSID tho it may be possible to some how hack the software of the range extender some how.

But another way to get better fpv range out of the fc40 and still use the fc40 camera and have better range then most all range extenders is to get a kindle fire and use that instead of a cell phone. You will double or quadruple the range. and if you want even more then you can hack in an external antenna mod to the kindle and get some crazy far range compared to a phone and most range extenders. and if you want to get even farther throw in an inline signal booster and get even more range still.

Thank you very much J.James

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl