FOUND!!! Thanks for all your help. Lost drone using litchi [emoji30]

last known.png
The .csv file shows this as the last location:
52.610488, -0.271037

That was last recorded position @350ft alt.. I am encoding a video of the telemetry data now, will upload it to you tube in shrt while. Gives idea of speed/direction. A visual tool.

If after three seconds loss of signal RTH was initiated this would be the path to H point:
Projected RTH path.png

RTH speed is fairly slow, and the winds were 14-18mph from the north. If it was set to Hover at loss of signal and kept it's position, it would land there under the area after hovering till critical battery.

I was panicking after a few minutes of disconnection so I shut the litchi program down and started up again, activated rth on controller and even opened up DJI app all in a panic. Just frustrating when I can see a photo of it in someone's garden.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I was panicking after a few minutes of disconnection so I shut the litchi program down and started up again, activated rth on controller and even opened up DJI app all in a panic. Just frustrating when I can see a photo of it in someone's garden.

Did you have your phone number on the ac, if so chances are you will get it back, if you have an image of it having landed,then it should be OK.
I do not think you can blame the Litchi app,there seems to be many other things going on,hope you get it back, some very interesting and clever detective work from Mr Grammaton,you owe him a pint if you find it.

Detailed Telemetry:
The video behind data was only to enable it to work.

Hi, thanks again. Can't believe you're putting in this much time for someone that's messed up and lost his drone. Can you tell why the speed dramatically drops in the last 5-10 seconds?

Speed drops most likely due to lost signal-stick input. Just wanted to read that you found it...

I just downloaded the litchi app and this makes me nervous I hope you find it! I would be devastated myself.. I don't think it was the app tho, sounds like a compass issue, the fact that it landed its self at 80% batt makes me think the compass was off that day due to magnitic field in the area or whatever it may be, and once you hit rth function it went to where it thought was "home" when indeed it was somebody's backyard which makes sense why it would be so off course and why it woulda safety landed but nowhere near your home point. I hope you find it bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh okay. It's just one of those things. Have been meaning to put my telephone number on the drone but never got around to it. Will have to put some leaflets through doors and post cards in shop windows

and the winds were 14-18mph from the north

A big ouch on this incident with your Phantom.

I have not read through the entire thread. Winds at altitude are always higher–and usually much higher–than surface winds. Your bird could easily have been fighting winds to 25. If your mission setting was at a speed of 10, your bird would actually be using much more power while travelling downwind in a 18-25 MPH wind by attempting to slow down to it's programmed speed.

I hope this has a happy ending with recovery.

SB

Reactions: Falcon900
We all like a good outcome, so hopefully you will post a positive result, and the story behind the recovery, clearly it is still out there in good condition, and a bit of rain will not hurt too much, the P4's are well sealed on the top and any wet motors will dry out.
Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez