Found phantom - how do I locate owner?

SteveMann said:
crash1sttime said:
Why not have a section on this forum, all you need to do is enter an email address and last half of serial number, not sure how someone would search it though.
Why just partial?

So that the owner can supply the first half to the finder to confirm ownership, sounded good in my head when I thought of it :D

wirralkim said:
Definitely going to be a final post for me..... But I thought you guys may be happy to know, I located the owner!!!

I trawled through more footage in the card as a last ditch attempt and found shots of them practising at home..... Recognised a few places, combined it with a google earth sweep and found his house. Knocked on his door tonight and he was stunned to see it!! He promised he would write his name and number on it before flying it again.

Happy ending after all!

(I have a baby so I'm always up at night feeding her, so it's not been too bad of a project doing it at night haha! Will have to find something else to entertain me now!)

Kim

Well done - Hope Santa brings you something nice.

Paula

Send the serial number to an approved dealer and they can contact DJI with the info.. DJI will then be able to possibly see who previously ran a firmware update and or which dealer they sold it too..

wirralkim said:
I thought you guys may be happy to know, I located the owner!!!

I trawled through more footage in the card as a last ditch attempt and found shots of them practising at home..... Recognised a few places, combined it with a google earth sweep and found his house. Knocked on his door tonight and he was stunned to see it!! He promised he would write his name and number on it before flying it again.

Happy ending after all!

Awesome!!! Great stuff.

Inspector71 said:
Do any pilots mark their Phantoms with their name and phone number for just this sort of scenario?

Yeah I had mine marked with my cell number with a laundry marker. What's maddening is I was looking at trackers for just in case and lost it the next day. I saw it go into low battery and where it landed among some houses after it drifted away from the field where I was flying but I never found it after weeks of looking in the trees, landscaping and pools. Long story but bottom line is mark it and get a tracker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic