Found my first problem with P3P

D

DrewFlies

Not a major problem. Just a small issue. Im posting to make people aware not complain.

When recording video on your P3P. It will save the file DJI001.mp4 or .mov whichever you have set. I believe once you turn off your phantom and turn it back, it resets and will overwrite the file and recreate DJI001.mp4. It happened to me already lost a couple really good clips because I forgot to transfer the files to my computer when recharging battery. This could be a problem for people with extra batteries planning on filming on 1 memory card with 2x different batteries. Can anybody try to duplicate this mishap and see if theres a way to fix the issue.

Not a major problem. Just a small issue. Im posting to make people aware not complain.

When recording video on your P3P. It will save the file DJI001.mp4 or .mov whichever you have set. I believe once you turn off your phantom and turn it back, it resets and will overwrite the file and recreate DJI001.mp4. It happened to me already lost a couple really good clips because I forgot to transfer the files to my computer when recharging battery. This could be a problem for people with extra batteries planning on filming on 1 memory card with 2x different batteries. Can anybody try to duplicate this mishap and see if theres a way to fix the issue.

Do a camera rese in the app and see if that fixes the issue

Good news! There's a setting for this! Go to the settings (4 dots) and the tab for General Settings (4 dots again). If you want the file numbers to keep going up, pick Continuous. If you want them to reset each time, pick Reset.

Chris

The above are good suggestions but in theory if the file already exists it should move up a number instead of overwriting. As Blade stirke indicated it may be best to reset the camera. failing that the other option is to change the sequential setting

It should number the videos and photo's sequentially for the entire flight, then open another folder for the next (as long as you powered down) flight and repeat. On continuous it will start with 001 and just go up. If it's not creating a new folder for a subsequent flight on 'reset' then it would over write the previous files.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31