Forward speed slow

@scorpiopaulius I don't recall off the top of my head if the proper data is included, however, you could try retrieving the aircraft .dat file for a more in depth look as to what may be going on with the sensors. If you have never done that, see the link below and follow the instructions. You will need to upload that file to a share site such as dropbox..etc....then share a link back here to the file. The file you should look for is FLY258. Retrieve Aircraft .Dat Log

Ok this is DAT file: FLY258.DAT

Im still thinking to try factory reset drone... Because I think its started after update :/ Is it would be good for reset, maybe eliminating some like bugs in update?

Im still thinking to try factory reset drone.
The DAT confirms the OA and VPS are indeed off. The uncommanded climb, I can't see the reason for. So, Yes you could try a reset and/or firmware reload. I don't generally reccomend that, but in this instance it may be worth a try. Otherwise you have a hardware issue of some sort.

The DAT confirms the OA and VPS are indeed off. The uncommanded climb, I can't see the reason for. So, Yes you could try a reset and/or firmware reload. I don't generally reccomend that, but in this instance it may be worth a try. Otherwise you have a hardware issue of some sort.

Ok... I will try now factory reset... After that maybe turn on all sensors and do flight test? I will upload new LOG

After reset to factory default still same DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
RTH works when I disable RTH OA. Speed increase more then 10kph when obstacle avoidance is disabled. Ofcourse I usualy fly 40+ meters up, so that obstacle avoidance not really matters, but still its buging me when something not working right :D I will try refresh that last update... after it I need to to some calibration? IMU, compass?

After reset to factory default still same
Ok, in this second flight did you notice this? After the aircraft began to ascend to RTH altitude, the OA detected something and tried to climb over the obstacle ( Which there were none ) with the only exception being the sun. It will confuse the sensors at times.

Capture.PNG

Ok, in this second flight did you notice this? After the aircraft began to ascend to RTH altitude, the OA detected something and tried to climb over the obstacle ( Which there were none ) with the only exception being the sun. It will confuse the sensors at times.

View attachment 114117
maybe sun... but in that time sun was not very bright, almost 1 hour left till sundown...

maybe sun... but in that time sun was not very bright, almost 1 hour left till sundown...
All I can tell you is the sun is the only other thing I can think of that would cause the climb other than the VPS.
The graph below shows the aircraft turn to head for home, then began the climb to 40m. Right at the 40m mark is where the OA detected the obstacle and the climb began.
OA.png

I have refresh latest FW, still getting VPS wierdness. OA was not working because tested flight in dark. I will fly in morning and upload again LOG...

OA was not working because tested flight in dark.
If that is the case then I do not see why the message appeared as shown in post #25. Unless you uploaded the wrong flight. That says the OA was working.

If that is the case then I do not see why the message appeared as shown in post #25. Unless you uploaded the wrong flight. That says the OA was working.
So I did flight in morning.
screen recording
LOG file DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
So I noticed that VPS looks like working OK, did not notice any random 0.0-0.1 up in the air. OA on RTH still triggering something and going UP, when disabled RTH OA, return fine. Speed with OA enabled is slow as you can see in video and LOG, when disabled going fast. But OA distance triggering just fine when I look at screen... Mystery for me :D

So I noticed that VPS looks like working OK, did not notice any random 0.0-0.1 up in the air.
This flight as you mentioned shows the exact same as the previous flights. Immediately after reaching RTH altitude, OA is triggered and the aircraft climbs. The odd thing here is that it looks like you had the VPS turned off for the flight BUT it is still reporting data. This one is very odd. @BudWalker . Any idea's on this?
ACTIVE VPS.png

This flight as you mentioned shows the exact same as the previous flights. Immediately after reaching RTH altitude, OA is triggered and the aircraft climbs. The odd thing here is that it looks like you had the VPS turned off for the flight BUT it is still reporting data. This one is very odd. @BudWalker . Any idea's on this?
View attachment 114143
In this flight VPS was enabled... I could see VPS data on screen. I flight couple more times today and again VPS up in the air show wrong data 0.0-0.1 distance... I turned it off. Also I turned off OA... Maybe something wrong on hardware... Or maybe try downgrade one version firmware?

In this flight VPS was enabled.
That was my point. The VPSenabled flag was false, which should mean the VPS is off. But it was still reporting. It does sound like a hardware issue of some sort.

That was my point. The VPSenabled flag was false, which should mean the VPS is off. But it was still reporting. It does sound like a hardware issue of some sort.
Maybe its because it was crashed... maybe. I dont know how was the crash. If it was big or not, but one motor plastics has big cracks. I plan to glue it with epoxy. Everything else looks ok... Also gimbal sometimes acting not very nice. It does not finish calibration, starts twitching in one side... I will make video later. Maybe some wire connections got loose. Im going to take it apart, maybe look at YAW motor for sensor if its not damaged.
IMG_20190901_112542.jpg

So I found out that one of my flex cables was damaged, that connects board with internal sdcard and board that conect sensors(VPS, ultrasound, gimbal). I changed that and did flight test to hope it fixed slow speed and VPS random 0.0, but still get it... DAT file and App log file . VPS and OA was enabled at first, then I disabled OA, but VPS was enabled. I disabled VPS at the end of flight. Dear experts, can you see from files maybe whats wrong with VPS?
Also I want to note, that it was kind of windy, like 5m/s wind.

So I found out that one of my flex cables was damaged, that connects board with internal sdcard and board that conect sensors(VPS, ultrasound, gimbal). I changed that and did flight test to hope it fixed slow speed and VPS random 0.0, but still get it... DAT file and App log file . VPS and OA was enabled at first, then I disabled OA, but VPS was enabled. I disabled VPS at the end of flight. Dear experts, can you see from files maybe whats wrong with VPS?
Also I want to note, that it was kind of windy, like 5m/s wind.
This issue may be the same one that was solved here
Return to Home not working - including log

@msinger

Last edited:
This issue may be the same one that was solved here
Return to Home not working - including log

@msinger

THANK YOU for this post.... I followed idea to rollback one FW down and BAM, works good. No more random VPS to 0.0... RTH with OA enabled works, forward speed with OA enabled looks like going good, atleast up wind I reached 25kph, enough for me in GPS mode, because I ussually fly in ATTI.

Reactions: BudWalker
THANK YOU for this post.... I followed idea to rollback one FW down and BAM, works good. No more random VPS to 0.0... RTH with OA enabled works, forward speed with OA enabled looks like going good, atleast up wind I reached 25kph, enough for me in GPS mode, because I ussually fly in ATTI.
You're welcome. But, the guy you should be thanking is @msinger who connected the dots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20