for the brand new pilots that started with the P4P...

If you're comfortable controlling your Phantom, there's no need to use beginner mode. When disabled, you'll need to be a little bit more mindful since your Phantom will then be able to take off before it marks the home point and be able to fly without the height/distance restrictions.

My first flight was in beginners mode and that lasted only few minutes and then I switched over to normal mode.

Didn't use beginner mode either, but I fly safe and don't push limits or fly behind cover yet. Once spring rolls back around I will work on Atti mode to learn how to control the aircraft without gps positioning in case I get into signal trouble and then can be more confident in further or "riskier" flights in P mode.

When in motion, you will not see difference in s or atti mode. Its when you want to stop or let go of the sticks is when you see atti mode in action.

Yes I understand that and think it is wise to learn how to keep it stable and more or less in place manually in case gps goes out so there isn't panicked flight.

With gps working perfectly it is very simple for me to control and do what I want, but I am still being safe since I only have a few hours under my belt.

*edit: To add to this, if in Atti mode and flying with a cross wind I assume you'd need to counter the wind so forward would need a stick command of forward and a bit of left or right. P or gps mode would counter the wind itself so forward is a stick command of purely forward, correct? *

Last edited:
Hello. Happy New Year! It's my first done. Bought my phantom 4 pro brand new at dji dealer in Makati, Philippines. Upon activation, the djiGo 4 showed a warning: flight limited to 50 meters...etc. I tried flying w the warning and the bird seems to be flying ok although I have not tried all the features or flown it far. The warning is right smack at the screen of my phone. The dealer also advised me NOT to update the firmware. Am I missing something?

Hello. Happy New Year! It's my first done. Bought my phantom 4 pro brand new at dji dealer in Makati, Philippines. Upon activation, the djiGo 4 showed a warning: flight limited to 50 meters...etc. I tried flying w the warning and the bird seems to be flying ok although I have not tried all the features or flown it far. The warning is right smack at the screen of my phone. The dealer also advised me NOT to update the firmware. Am I missing something?

You’re in beginner mode more than likely.

The P4P+ is the first drone I’ve ever flown (for professional purposes, not as a hobby) and I also did not use beginner mode.

That said, our first flight was takeoff, up to 2m or 6ft, briefly hover, then land. And beforehand, I spent a bit of time on the simulator and watching a few YouTube tutorials. Since then, it’s been step by step. The P4P is incredibly stable and we only use it in P-mode, manually taking off and landing each time (although we’ve activated RTH twice to get it back close).

Yesterday morning, we successfully filmed a group of eland trotting along over 1km away (close enough to almost land on the back of the biggest one) on very undulating terrain.

Happy New Year to everyone and safe flying.

You’re in beginner mode more than likely.
Beginner Mode restricts the Phantom to a 30 meter radius around the home point.

Upon activation, the djiGo 4 showed a warning: flight limited to 50 meters...etc. I tried flying w the warning and the bird seems to be flying ok although I have not tried all the features or flown it far. The warning is right smack at the screen of my phone.
If your Phantom is being restricted, then check out this post for more details on getting around that restriction.

If your Phantom is not being restricted, then you're likely running a newer version of DJI GO with an old Phantom firmware version. If that's the case, then you'll either need to ignore that message or upgrade your Phantom firmware.

I used beginner mode as a safe guard at first start up. If you have to start a drone up for the first time, you don’t have the experience to react fast enough if something goes haywire. At least it will be in close range. The same reason I watch my phantom on take off for a while. To make sure everything is okay. No one knows everything or how to react in every situation fast enough at a first time start up. That’s is why we call it a learning curve. If a person thinks there is no learning curve, my thoughts are they are not practicing safety.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez