For Film makers - Smoother stick/camera movement

Reaction score
I'm feeling the stick controls are a bit abrupt in regard to smooth cinematic camera moves. At the default settings it's a little tricky when trying to do a really slow sideways dolly shot or really slow 3 feet above a field of flowers etc. Been going through the App with all the advanced stick seetings, gain response, braking etc. Would someone mind giving a little advice before I screw something up by just punching in random values. I'm probably asking a lot as it appears there are quite a few advanced adjustments one could make but any input or education is warmly appreciated.

I have...
Adjusted the Braking to 80.
I like this as the default 100 makes the quad to violent counter tilt and stop on dime. Very cool.... but scared the hell out me the first few times. At 70 the stop is more of an "ease in and stop" vs screthching halt.

Adjusted the Attitude to 75. Maybe I'm wrong but this feels a little more "floaty" and not as tight which is better for camera moves.

I don't know how to...
e.g. The left stick feels like, on a scale of 1 - 100, it starts on 10 in stead of 1. If i wanna start smoothly moving left as it's hovering I start to push the stick left and.... boom from a dead hover it's starts ramping up speed moving way too fast. So it's 0 (hovering) to 10 (moving too fast).

Hope this makes sense. I can nail these kinds of movements with my P2. I'm sure there's a fine tune I can do but I'm too inexperienced with the advaced stick adjustments to feel confident I'm not gonna screw something up. Better to ask first..... then wished I had asked first.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a good tutorial on adjusting the sticks:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Raising the sticks via that method is good on older phantom w/o expo control. I've found I don't need to do this with expo and brake adjustments on the P3

WOW , we can adjust the brakes!!??? COOL! I don't like em...too violent when I even ease off the sticks! GREAT TIP! thanks!!

WOW , we can adjust the brakes!!??? COOL! I don't like em...too violent when I even ease off the sticks! GREAT TIP! thanks!!

Don't set them to soft, and make sure your in a very open space to get the new feel.;)

Reactions: Bahamasboy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers