OOO

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We wanted to film a giant hole and strange cave system located deep in the forest. We saw lots of bear footprint in the snow on our way to these spots. Scared and decided to leave without filming. But I didn’t want to go home empty handed. It started to be dark outside and we had to be quick. Thanks in advance for comments.

1) Phantom 4 Pro
2) P-Mode
3) No ND filter
4) ISO 100
5) D-Cinelike
6) Simple exposure correction only

Last edited:
Hi guys,

We wanted to film a giant hole and strange cave system located deep in the forest. We saw lots of bear footprint in the snow, scared and decided to leave. I didn’t want to go home empty handed.

Awsome ,great vid,I can see you working for National geographic channel soon.:)

Awsome ,great vid,I can see you working for National geographic channel soon.:)

Thanks ianzone. I’m a hobbyist and sharing what I love. That’s all. Starting from 1:10 you can see that the drone sunk into the snow after landing.

Last edited:
Yeh I watched it a few times,also looks like it a dronemobile like a snowmobile going along I soft snow,I never tried yet changing me cam settings but you got camera just right,looks crystal clear like those claw marks in the snow,pretty fresh prints,back to the landing,did you not plan that part,didn't think of it till you say,

Reactions: OOO
Nice work with the flip flop editing/flying. I started thinking when you landed in the snow that 'I'm not going anywhere now until the snow melts' but you nailed it. I've never seen a bear (except for the movie Grizzly') and am happy with having a yard full of kangaroos.....

Flip flop ,where does one find this editing tool,which app ? Yes unsure why it landed like it did,I presume vps was off,was flying lower than when it landed early and later in clip,,no yellow snow where it took off from those tracks might have made it need a break from those bear tracks,(sorry had to write that),but seriously if it had have been water it would have got wet ,mayby your flight data might show some indercation of what change in flight

Reactions: OOO and tevek
Flip flop ,where does one find this editing tool,which app ? Yes unsure why it landed like it did,I presume vps was off,was flying lower than when it landed early and later in clip,,no yellow snow where it took off from those tracks might have made it need a break from those bear tracks,(sorry had to write that),but seriously if it had have been water it would have got wet ,mayby your flight data might show some indercation of what change in flight
Yeah I couldn't think of another way to explain the footage jumping around and I'm guessing that the land/take off was intentional for whatever reason. Probably need more info..

Thanks ianzone and tevek! Actually, I planed to land on the snow but I was not expecting it’ll sink into the snow. Luckily the snow was soft and I was able to take the drone easily out of the snow with my hand. As you can see the camera gimbal assembly totally sunk into the snow.

I could fly a bit higher and get very smooth footage. But that was not my intention. My plan was to fallow the terrain by flying as low as I could (like FPV pilots). This was the best I could do with my P4P.

I had no time to play with the camera settings even after sinking into the snow. I usually use manual focus but this time it was set to autofocus. All I can say I’ll never use autofocus again. Most of the footage was out of focus and not usable.

Last edited:
Well I found the footage interesting on two fronts. Firstly I haven't seen snow for over forty years given where I live and secondly the bear footprints which just ring alarm bells and invoke fear. I'm thinking the changes in direction are a result of post editing? I leave my settings on auto as I'm shite trying to film and fly and pray to the Adobe gods post filming. Seems i have a way to go..

ianzone, I intentionally landed on the snow and relaunched from the snow 3 times in this flight in different spots. The drone didn’t sink into the snow in the first landing. But upper layer of the snow was soft in other landings and the drone sunk into the snow up to the top of the camera.

In one of the flight I landed on the snow but I took the drone out of the snow with my hand while it was still working and recording and I connected that clip with the next one. Thus landing and launching spot is exactly the same (but launching with hand). After reading your reply, I understand and realized that using the word “launch” for this situation was a mistake. Sorry for misinformation. I edited/corrected my previous posts appropriately. I have very clear footage from this flight showing landing on the snow and and true launching (not launch by hand) from the snow.

I always turn obstacle avoidance and vision positioning system off when flying in tight spots, over water/snow, close to the ground and towards the sun. Actually, most of the time I don’t use OA and VPS. They bring more problems than they solve, at least for me.

You can find this transition pack for FCPX from this link:
Flow Pop for Final Cut Pro X

Last edited:
Awesome video. The editing is top notch in my opinion.

Thanks Indiana_pyro! Just learning. I usually don’t use transition effect but this time I thought it would be appropriate to use those fancy transitions. I’m glad you like it.

Last edited:
That place is in Turkey, the northern part of the country... are you Turkish?

Selamlar o zaman, video güzel olmuş. Bende Mavic le Kuşadasındaki Dilek yarımadası milli pakını çekmek istiyorum. Çok güzel vadiler var ama valilik izin vermiyor bide jandarma çok sıkı malum insan kaçakçısı dolu o bölge ve ortalığı kolaçan etmek için drone kullanıyorlar. Bu sebepten jandarma elinde drone görünce direk uğraşıyor...

Selamlar o zaman, video güzel olmuş. Bende Mavic le Kuşadasındaki Dilek yarımadası milli pakını çekmek istiyorum. Çok güzel vadiler var ama valilik izin vermiyor bide jandarma çok sıkı malum insan kaçakçısı dolu o bölge ve ortalığı kolaçan etmek için drone kullanıyorlar. Bu sebepten jandarma elinde drone görünce direk uğraşıyor...

Selam,
Aslında bulunduğun her yerde güzel çekimler yapabilirsin. Güzel yerlerin tabiki çekimi daha güzel olur ama insanoğlu yukarıdan görmeye alışık olmadığı için yukarıdan bakınca herşey farklı ve güzel görünüyor. Ben bir ara çöplüğü çekmiştim herkes çok beğenmişti [emoji16]. Drone düzenlemelerine gelince her yer sıkıntılı olmaya başladı. Ben çoğunlukla doğa çekimleri yaptığım için çekim sırasında pek kimseyi görmüyorum. Benim de ilk dronum MP idi onu ilk uçuşta düşürdüm. Tamir ettim şimdi iki dronla çekim yapıyorum ama favorim tabiki P4P. Bu işi tamamen hobi amaçlı yapıyorum bizden geride bişeyler kalsın diye de YouTube’a videolarımı koyuyorum.

Evet, kuş bakışı çok farklı bir tecrübe. Daha önce fark etmediğim detayları ve yeryüzünün mevsimsel değişimlerini çok daha net görebiliyorum. Survey ve Mapping yapıyorum ama video çekmeyi daha çok seviyorum, bu sebepten ay sonunda Amerikaya döndüğümde Dji Goggles RE alacağım tabi yanında da bir racing drone da fena olmaz :D Yaşadığım yer rutin olarak uçuşa elverişli olduğu için sürekli çekim yapıyorum ama bir süre sonra aynı yerler bayıyıyor. Yaşadığım ilde çok sayıda antik kent var hepsini çekmek istiyorum ama dediğim gibi valilik bu işe pek sıcak bakmıyor... Mavic ini düşürdüğün için üzüldüm, bende bir kaç kere ilk drone um olan Phantom 3s imi düşürmüştüm pek iyi bir his değil açıkcası, talihliyim ki tamir gerektiren ciddi hasar hiç olmadı. Tek sıkıntım Mavic in kamerası pek iyi değil, her türlü setting i ve ND filtreleri denedim ama hala çok kaliteli ürün vermiyor. Bu arada bende Finalcut pro kullanıyorum post editing için epey faydalı program. Başka bir Türk ü bu forumda bulmak güzel. Çekimlerinde başarılar ve güvenli uçuşlar dilerim.

Teşekkürler. Racing drone benim de istediğim bir şey. Sanırım bundan sonraki ilk hedefim benim de bir racing drone ve DJI Google olacak. Ben MP için DJI nin ND filtrelerini kullandım ama daha sonra Taco marka filtre aldım. Onlardan çok memnunum. MP’de tek sevmediğim şey kamera/gimbal aparatının çok hassas olması. Ama MP2 sanırım mükemmel olacak. Size de başarılar. Video paylaşırsan lütfen haber ver.

Last edited:
Well I found the footage interesting on two fronts. Firstly I haven't seen snow for over forty years given where I live and secondly the bear footprints which just ring alarm bells and invoke fear. I'm thinking the changes in direction are a result of post editing? I leave my settings on auto as I'm shite trying to film and fly and pray to the Adobe gods post filming. Seems i have a way to go..
Thanks tevek! Direction is changing because they are two different clips attached to each other with a transition effect. BTW, you have amazing beaches, sea cliffs, spectacular national parks, pink lakes, deserts and not to mention the coolest animal in the world. I would like to shot a jumping kangaroo at 60 or 120 fps and then slow down the footage in post.

Last edited:
OOO: First, I hope you’re really proud that your country still has large wild animals such as bears. In the UK, we exterminated most of what we used to have hundreds of years ago.

You, scared? It’s hard to believe based on what I’ve seen so far. In fact, I think you should scrap OOO and replace it with 007.

I know nothing about you, but if you’re young and not already doing your dream job, why not contact a few cinematographers in Turkey and show them what you’re doing? Someone might offer you a job, take you under their wing, and sharpen up your abilities to a professional level.

Start off by making a 2 minute showreel of your best footage (remembering to keep the edits short). And make the titling simple and clean, as this is best received by those in the trade.

Reactions: OOO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga