Follow me

Reaction score
I have had my p4 for about four months now. I love it. I decided to try the follow me function
it keeps on saying satellite weak,and won't work. I have 14 sat. on the controller so I don't
understand why it won't work. Any suggestions ?

Try increasing the GPS accuracy to a higher number.

And be cautious when using that mode, finger on the P toggle ...in case.
Also try another spot. You should get around 17/18 sats. in general. Try a higher altitude to collect sats.

I use Litchi instead of DJI go app. Looking in DJI go app I don't see that setting, but it's there in Litchi.

So I recommend trying another area, watch sat count. Climb up to see the sat count rise. Then try follow me.

I do use the dji go app. I did try it in a couple of places. I will try again
I am sure I will figure it out eventually.Thanks for your help.

I was out today still can't get the follow me to work. 16-17 sat.But it still says
week sat.single.Any other suggestions?
The active track works find.

I use Litchi. There is a setting "GPS accuracy. If it's set too low follow me has problems, setting a higher number solves it. Don't see that setting in dji go.

Anyone figure this out?
I tried today follow me. Have 16 satellites, open skies and it says weak GPS signal. I try to climb up and it complains that I am too high. Crazy...
Also, there is only an "apply" button on the dji go 4 app, so if I can't apply, because the signal is too weak, I'm stuck on this screen. Common dji, give us a cancel and fix this bug.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Stand in a open location, or change locations. The Device itself needs GPS accuracy.

Anyone figure this out?
I tried today follow me. Have 16 satellites, open skies and it says weak GPS signal. I try to climb up and it complains that I am too high. Crazy...
Also, there is only an "apply" button on the dji go 4 app, so if I can't apply, because the signal is too weak, I'm stuck on this screen. Common dji, give us a cancel and fix this bug.

What tablet/phone are you using for flying? That is the key to the problem imo.

Yes my iPad 2 mini won't update the goapp any longer the software has obviously got too advanced for it, it works with a cheap asus nexus and my phone fine, there are waypoints in the update now and tap to fly which I believe we're not there before

I use Litchi for follow me. When it digs it's feet in the sand I increased the GPS accuracy tolorance and it worked. No such setting in DJI go.

I am using an iphone7

Hmmm so it should be all fine with GPS connection. A couple of things to make sure. Firstly that location services are on and allowed on the DJI Go App (if no map shows then you know that is likely the issue). Other thing to try is google maps and check it is getting your location correct. If that all checks out then a hard reset on the phone is worth a try (Hold home button and on/off button until it powers off... no settings or data will be lost).

Ipad Mini 2 should still work. Mine seems to work fine on the latest DJI GO.... although granted not on DJI Go 4 yet. I'll give that a try.

I still am having the same problem. In follow me it says weak sat. I am using
a I pad mini 2 I am going to try my wife's I pad pro the next time I can fly
the weather here in N.J. is not so good right now.

It might be worth the $11, or $15 to get Litchi to see if that app will work. If you do, set the accuracy to a greater number if it whines.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers