Follow Me Mode - will it follow us?

Reaction score

1st time test the follow me mode and failed (Mobile Device GPS weak )
2nd time test the follow me mode is success..
Conclusion it only works with mobile device with strong GPS signal, so it may not work all the time while out flying.

Yes, obviously it can't follow a device that doesn't have a GPS fix. What device is it? Most have added GLONAS support now so positioning issues should be a problem.

Yes, obviously it can't follow a device that doesn't have a GPS fix. What device is it? Most have added GLONAS support now so positioning issues should be a problem.
1st and 2nd time using same mobile device which is samsung note 5 at the same location...

I had GPS issues with the note 5, even using google maps it would think I was in the next street sometimes. There is a setting somewhere that allows GPS mode to be changed to highest accuracy or something like that. Mine was in power saving mode from memory.

I had GPS issues with the note 5, even using google maps it would think I was in the next street sometimes. There is a setting somewhere that allows GPS mode to be changed to highest accuracy or something like that. Mine was in power saving mode from memory.

yea...my GPS mode was setting to high accuracy...
maybe you can try change it and test again...

Setting > Connection > Location > Location Method = High accuracy

I thought high accuracy mode added cellular information, which if true doesn't make the gps any more accurate, it just makes the device's location more accurate.

I thought high accuracy mode added cellular information, which if true doesn't make the gps any more accurate, it just makes the device's location more accurate.
We are playing with semantics here- it is said to improve device location accuracy by supplementing GPS information with cellular and wifi station information. My recollection of the note 4 location performance was that it was unreliable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj