Follow-me Mode Signal

Reaction score
Relatively new P3 Pro 4K. Everything seems to function just fine, with one exception. I have an iPad, an iPad Mini and an Android phone. All three have DJI GO app. I can get the P3 Pro to Follow-me on the Android, but on both the iPad devices when I apply, a notice on the upper left of the screen indicate GPS signal too weak. I meet or exceed the altitude required when trying to activate the Follow-me mode.

Suggestions?

Relatively new P3 Pro 4K. Everything seems to function just fine, with one exception. I have an iPad, an iPad Mini and an Android phone. All three have DJI GO app. I can get the P3 Pro to Follow-me on the Android, but on both the iPad devices when I apply, a notice on the upper left of the screen indicate GPS signal too weak. I meet or exceed the altitude required when trying to activate the Follow-me mode.

I think you are saying all devices have GPS. Follow me mode on the P3 is not a perfect thing. The device needs to have a good GPS signal, that GPS signal needs to be sent to the controller, the controller needs to send it to the P3 and the P3 needs to react. I've found it can be hit/miss. Any little thing can block a GPS sign for a moment.

Turn off Location based on Wifi signals.

i have the same issue with follow me. 15 plus satellite signals on both ipad and android. android, no problem. ipad mini 2 weak signal. I even tried connecting my ipad with my android phone via a hotspot but no luck. there has got to be a solution. I would very much like to use this mode on a boat. help

Any update/solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem and would be nice it others have solved it.

thanks

Any update/solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem and would be nice it others have solved it.

thanks
If your mobile device does not have its own GPS, for example a wifi only iPad, then Follow Me wont work. It can't work if it doesn't know where you are located, right? That's why GPS is needed in your mobile device - to let the P3 know where you are standing.

In this thread, the android devices worked because most android devices have their own GPS.

iPads do not have GPS unless they are the cellular version. A cellular / data plan is not required.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic