Follow me feature on p3

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the follow me feature on the p3?

I didn't know it had this and it has got me excited, but then I heard that you might need GPS on the tablet you are using to use this feature?

Anyone have any ideas?

Basically my mate has a boat, and it would be cool to somehow set it up so we can film wakeboarding off it!

I didn't know it had this and it has got me excited, but then I heard that you might need GPS on the tablet you are using to use this feature?

Anyone have any ideas?

Basically my mate has a boat, and it would be cool to somehow set it up so we can film wakeboarding off it!
It doesn't exist on the P3

Works great

Anyone have any ideas?

The follow mode in the settings is just a gimbal setting that allows the gimbal to behave normally (as intended, counteracting movements of the quad) or to move along with the quad (meaning any movement of the quad is Not dampened) fpv and recorded video will be reflect forces on the quad.

The DJI Pilot app does not include this feature. The above video mentions a third party application that will be out at some point for the Phantom 3.

Also, scroll right down to the bottom of this screen on the left - DJI themselves say it does... http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/feature

That is under the SDK area, meaning it will need to be a 3rd party app that carries this feature, just like mentioned in the video you posted.

Final answer:
Out of the box, no Follow Me feature on the P3.
Coming via 3rd party app, but not yet available.

ok, cool, but there will be! And that will be awesome :)
There MIGHT be and that would be awesome, I havent read one good review about that follow me app for the p2v+ flyers stopped using it because of erratic behaviour, they have a lot of work to do

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31