FlyTrex Live

Reaction score
Anyone using the FlyTrex Live yet?

I've been using the Flytrex Live 2G version for about 3 months now. I love it, and it's pretty much the only reliable way to track your bird in real-time on Google Maps when doing long distance flights (>2500 feet). After you power-up the Flytrex and see the flashing green LED to know it's transmitting data to the cell towers --- you click on "Live Flight" channel in your Flytrex Profile and you will see a moving red dot on Google Maps (satellite view) that represents the position of your bird as you fly. None of the "dial-up" GPS trackers can do this.

HOWEVER --- get the 3G version if you live in the USA. I always have data transmission problems with my unit even when I fly in an area where T-Mobile coverage maps show solid 2G reception. I've been hearing the 3G version has mostly solved this problem (mainly because of excellent widespread 3G coverage in the U.S.) --- so I'm gonna buy it soon and compare it to flying areas where I have known problems with the 2G version.

I think the best deal on the SIM card data plan is from H2O Wireless. The Flytrex uses VERY little data per flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20