Flying with Thomas Cook and hand luggage

Reaction score
Has anyone flown with Thomas Cook from the uk to Tenerife?
I have a Phantom 4 and the Dji hard back pack and it is larger than what size the airline accepts has hand luggage.
Any ideas to get around this problem ?

Take the batteries as hand luggage, they cannot go in hold, and put case in hold, or buy new compliant case. Too risky to just turn up and hope to sneak through.
Beware where you fly in Tenerife, there can be some hefty fines around Teide area. See youtubes from "Never mind your own"

I recently flew Delta and had the same problem. Discovered the night before that my Phantom hard case which I had intended to carry on-board with my 5 batteries inside was just a bit over the allowable dimensions. I really didn't want to put the case through the checked luggage, but I had no choice. My solution was to carry the batteries alone on-board in my backpack and place the hard case into a large suitcase with some clothing around it, which I checked. The combination suitcase and hard case protected the Phantom both ways. My trip was only for 3 days and not a long vacation, so I was able to pack light. I also liked the fact that the luggage handlers didn't know I had an expensive drone -- besides the TSA people.

Take the batteries as hand luggage, they cannot go in hold, and put case in hold, or buy new compliant case. Too risky to just turn up and hope to sneak through.
Beware where you fly in Tenerife, there can be some hefty fines around Teide area. See youtubes from "Never mind your own"

I am aware of flying in Tenerife.
Cheers

I have decided it is too much hassle,way over my allowance weight wise if I try and pack it in my hold case,only allowed 15 kilo which is pathetic and have just purchased a case for taking in the cabin but the drone is very tight fitting and can easily get damaged,so I have now decided to not bother.
Cheers

I have decided it is too much hassle,way over my allowance weight wise if I try and pack it in my hold case,only allowed 15 kilo which is pathetic and have just purchased a case for taking in the cabin but the drone is very tight fitting and can easily get damaged,so I have now decided to not bother.
Cheers
This is one of those circumstances where the Mavic makes sense.

Geo

Reactions: Gary Cooper

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94