Flying with friends

Reaction score
A couple of friends at work both bought P3S Black Friday deals after talking with me about my P3S. We were wondering if it is possible for us all to fly at the same time. When you boot everything up, does it choose a random IP address or something like that?

Thanks for any info.

We were wondering if it is possible for us all to fly at the same time.
Yes, it's possible. There's nothing special to do. Just power them up and fly per the usual.

Reactions: Brayan2134
Yes, it's possible. There's nothing special to do. Just power them up and fly per the usual.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I won't be reporting a horrible multi-copter crash.

Have multi-fun! And if you do have multi-contact, post that video.

The models bind to respective controller and ignore signals from others. Its why 2.4 / 5.8 is so popular ....

The Phantom using Ghz Digital WiFi is basically the same as you would see in a room full of PC's all talking to same WiFi router in effect. The difference being that each pair reject the signals of the others.

In our club - we have 5 Phantoms all fly together ... no problems at all.

Its not like the old days of FM / AM Mhz radios ... where we had to have Frequency control to avoid 'shooting down' another.

nigel

Just make sure you are not running all on the same channel. Also stay like 5-10 feet from each other because your controller can prevent the other people from flying far. Have fun though!

Just in... They all were flying within 3 ft of one another, on ajacent channels, laughing at the craziness of it all. The Phantoms received a strange signal and converged, prop striking the juglar of every pilot within controller range. The recovery personnel could not distinguish pilot from beloved phantom due to the laughing. DJI has been notified and a updated firmware is in the works. Take precautions of all flights as the "Fun factor" has it's dangers..

Oh Dear ....

Just go fly - you could have a hundred Phantoms all flying in same location and be fine ...

There is a reason the model has a BIND button ... to bind to a specific controller and ignore others.

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic