Flying over the new Braves Stadium being built in Atlanta

Reaction score
Took my P3A up over the new Atlanta Braves stadium that's under construction right now in Cobb County. I know you're not supposed to fly over stadiums, but that doesn't count when it's being built, right?!? I tried to get there early (8AM) on a Sunday morning, but there were still more workers than I thought already going at it. Not sure if anyone noticed me or not, but I didn't want to get too close. By the way, I'm kind of new at this, so I was definitely trying to be careful to avoid all the cranes!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great video! I live in Atlanta so I'm using your footage to pick out my seats. Enjoy your new Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know a couple of ATC comm techs that work on that base and through them talked to a controller who didn't care. I was staying low anyway. According to the new rule, you can fly 400 ft above a structure. But to be careful I checked and the controller said they weren't expecting any traffic at that time period.

Didn't know about the youtube monetized thing. I'll try to turn that off since I'm not trying to make any money on anything - just sharing my experience.

I just realized that the Falcons stadium is right in a no fly zone.

DJI doesn't show that it is, so I finally got a chance to fly over it last weekend.

Flying over Downtown Atlanta, new Falcons stadium, Westin

upload_2016-7-30_9-23-28.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers