flying over a power station!!!

Very cool! This power station is closed isn't it? In the US we have restrictions for flying over active power stations. Nice filming :D

I can't wait til my next Japan trip. I'm prepping for a permanent move to Hokkaido. No drone laws in Japan. No registration, no fees, just use common sense. Only restricted area is Tokyo.
[Comments removed by Moderator] I've had too many run-ins with the authorities just sitting at home. Time to move.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait til my next Japan trip. I'm prepping for a permanent move to Hokkaido. No drone laws in Japan. No registration, no fees, just use common sense. Only restricted area is Tokyo.
[Comments removed by Moderator] I've had too many run-ins with the authorities just sitting at home. Time to move.

As a 20 year plus resident of Japan, I beg to differ. There are most certainly laws about flying drones here. The biggest one you have to be aware of is not flying over areas of high population density which was enacted about a year ago. That is not limited to Tokyo! Plenty of places in Hokkaido as well where you can get yourself into trouble by not being careful. There is a Japanese drone map app on the Apple App Store you should take a look at it. There are a few other restrictions as well and you really should brush up on them prior to your move her.

Returning to lurker mode.

As a 20 year plus resident of Japan, I beg to differ. There are most certainly laws about flying drones here. ....................

The published information may be out of date then, because there are several resources that said there are no drone laws and no registration required, except that drones are prohibited over populous areas like Tokyo.

But it's good to hear from a resident who flies drones and knows what the real circumstances on the turf are. Thanks for contributing!

As a 20 year plus resident of Japan, I beg to differ. There are most certainly laws about flying drones here. The biggest one you have to be aware of is not flying over areas of high population density which was enacted about a year ago. That is not limited to Tokyo! Plenty of places in Hokkaido as well where you can get yourself into trouble by not being careful. There is a Japanese drone map app on the Apple App Store you should take a look at it. There are a few other restrictions as well and you really should brush up on them prior to your move her.

Thank you for your valuable input and guidance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT