Flying Near Fireworks

Love the pix. Question. Whenever I do longer exposure or AEB shots, I lose the video feed. Does that also happen to you?

Yes it does. Anytime the shutter is open, the feed is lost for the photo. When I had done AEB5 on a dawn shot of 5 seconds for the first time it was really unnerving but am used to it now.

Reactions: snowghost and Oso
This is a classic.

see what happens at 2:27 ish
So epic. I loved this. Thanks for posting it. I found myself ducking out of the way a few times.

Also, Andrea Bocelli to me is what God would sound like if He would sing. Awesome.

I did a job a while back. I talked to the pyro tech. prior to the show. He told me where they will be & where to stay away from. I also asked how high. Some of the large ones were well over 500-600 feet when they gave their report. If you do it, just be careful & you will get some fantastic images & video.

I wonder if the FAA allows fireworks to be over 400ft....:cool:

Did that hit your quad? Damage? I wouldn't go near the fireworks for fear of taking out my quad or people.

This isn't his video. It was actually filmed by like an 18 year old kid in West Palm Beach, FL right by me.

OK, I'm fixin' to go do some fireworks filming tonight. Would the video and/or pictures look better with an ND2 filter, or would it be too dark?

Franklin, IN. I was far away as they were shooting near residential areas and I wanted to stay back.

Will do Larry is just neighbors fire works, you know how it is in TX, got a field close by maybe will be my best bet go 300 ft and yaw slow to get some 360 of them
Have a happy 4
Great, I hope all went well. I got a call from a pyrotechnic gentleman today. Our neighboring town is having a firework show tomorrow night for their festival. He asked if I would come shoot it. He wants me to do a flyby once they are set up & then at dark move about 100-200 yards away & shoot the show. I figured I would just do video with my P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20