Flying Litchi waypoints past remote range

Reaction score
If I set Litchi waypoints that extend the path of my drone past the transmission range of remote is there a good chance it will succeed? I can only fly maybe 1000 feet maximum distance from remote before I lose transmission. With Litchi waypoints the drone will continue on the waypoint track even after contact with the remote is lost (at least that is what I read) so I would like to fly a path about 1/2 mile away. maybe further. Should easily be enough battery. Has anyone done this? Is hoping for success reasonable? Things can always go wrong, I get that, and being out of touch means you can't intervene in that case, but frankly flying only 1000 feet is boring and I don't have the money for upgrading any of my equipment so this would be an interesting methodology if it worked.

Yes lots of people have done it and it should be fine unless you do something silly like lower yourself into a valley and lose your satellites.

The joy of litchi is the ability to fly beyond normal range. Look around at other litchi discussions to learn about it. I've flown miles away. There are some interesting long range flights around here.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I did it and certainly the wait is terrifying. But as long as you plan ahead and have good clearance over obstacles it should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have my first Beyond remote range flight planned out on Litchi, I just have yet to fly it. It was a little windy yesterday, maybe sometime this weekend.

Reactions: Stwutter
Hi all,
Is there anyway I can see my photos I`ve just taken in Litchi?
You have to use dji go app for that. Just close litchi and open dji go app

Hopefully you figured out to turn off the Smart RTH switch in the Go app?

Not using the Go APP. Planned and flown using Litchi. worked out perfectly. Only problem I have now, is my computer wont connect "see" my P3S when connected to get the pics/video off of it.

My first Litchi journey didn't go too great...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn't even know anything had happened until I watched the video back to find out why it decided to RTH...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Also, this was operator error. I changed an altitude last minute to 100m... But forgot a 0.

Yes lots of people have done it and it should be fine

Can just confirm, my last mission was some days ago and I lost several times connection, Litchi simply continued the mission as planned.
In the screen capture you can see AC lost connection the first time for almost 14 seconds.

Attachments

• Litchi.jpg
    Litchi.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 553
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Or you could fit a range extender and four times the range, if I was going to plan waypoints out of range I'd start by doing some within range to see it works ok but I've seen many videos of people incl the tecyagent that have gone well out of range and comes back but I enjoy actually flying the thing!
Remember to turn rth off in the goapp first for out of range ...

My first Litchi journey didn't go too great...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn't even know anything had happened until I watched the video back to find out why it decided to RTH...

Wow, That was extremely lucky.
No damage?

Rod

Mines always returning to home especially if there's any houses nearby with wifi, I cancel it when it gets nearby as I prefer to land it.
I've ordered the argtek range extender antennas to alleviate this annoying problem with the phantom 3 standard here in spain.
That's it's no 1 fault
maybe there's someone out here building a longer range tx for it

If I have both apps on my tablet, I need to turn off RTH in Go before Litchi mission?

New guy here. I have purchased Litchi but haven't used it yet.
Thanks

Sent from my tinfoil hat
Never heard someone say to turn "Smart RTH" off in the Go app before flying a Litchi mission, why would you need to do this. I never have.

Hopefully you figured out to turn off the Smart RTH switch in the Go app?

Never heard someone say to turn "Smart RTH" off in the Go app before flying a Litchi mission, why would you need to do this. If your flying manual (like the Go app) I think it's a good backup for safety, and you can always cancel it if you want. And when flying a Waypoint mission I'm not completely sure the Smart RTH still works, does it?

Last edited:
If you are using both apps. Isn't the smart RTH info from go app programed in the phantom? How else would it know to RTH if you lose communication between the phantom and controller?

Sent from my tinfoil hat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers