Flying Indoors

Reaction score
Having flown only the Phantom 2+, was wondering what would be the best technique to launch something like the P3 indoors.

Outside it's WOT or close to it. Indoors you for sure wouldn't want to. I suppose the fact there's no wind would allow gentle lift off?

Having flown only the Phantom 2+, was wondering what would be the best technique to launch something like the P3 indoors.

Outside it's WOT or close to it. Indoors you for sure wouldn't want to. I suppose the fact there's no wind would allow gentle lift off?

Depends on the size of the room.

8ft ceiling, maybe testy, in a gymnasium, etc. no problem.

There's no such thing as gentle lift off. The Phantom has quite a lot of weight to lift so even indoors you have to go full blast, just know when to let go to not hit the ceiling. Some people have lifted off in a house but it takes practice and some luck.

Yes even on a completely still day you have to put a lot of WOT on the P2 to get her going.

Guessing probably this feature is their intent:

AUTO-TAKEOFF
With one tap in the DJI Pilot app, your Phantom 3 will turn on its motors and rise to a pre-set height. It will then hover perfectly in place until you direct it where to go.

No, AT will not know the ceiling height.
Also there will have to be a minimum preset, because there is no way to take off and stop at 3-4ft. for example without surpassing that height.

No, AT will not know the ceiling height.
Also there will have to be a minimum preset, because there is no way to take off and stop at 3-4ft. for example without surpassing that height.

True, it won't know ceiling height, the statement implies you pre-set the desired height based on conditions like that.
I'm sure there is a minimum height but it based on system capabilities not some arbitrary number.
It's entirely possible for me to currently take off and not surpass 3-4 ft. so I don't see what you mean by that.

Last edited:
Take off outside. Then drop altitude till the vision guidance and sonar kicks in. Then fly through the front door.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic