Flying in water?

Reaction score
When I got my P4 A+ I went online to learn how to handle it. To my surprise I saw a guy flying his under water. After he was through he just shook the water out of it. Apparently he does it all the time. My question is, is this quad built to operate under water?

Russ

Unless it is one of those drones specifically made for water don't try it. The water will leave behind trace minerals that can damage the board. At this time, DJI does not make any water resistant or waterproof drones.

When I got my P4 A+ I went online to learn how to handle it. To my surprise I saw a guy flying his under water. After he was through he just shook the water out of it. Apparently he does it all the time. My question is, is this quad built to operate under water?

Russ
This video here perhaps?
I note that at no time did I see a fully working and flying drone enter and emerge from the water in one continuous shot.

Don't even think of doing it - if you want to a machine capable of travelling and filming underwater then buy a submarine!.... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyD913
Apparently he does it all the time. My question is, is this quad built to operate under water?
For a start, the radio control won't penetrate water.
but even if it did, you would need a very seriously tricked up drone to "do this all the time".
Any normal drone is lucky to survive one brief dunking in clean fresh water after a proper dry out.

This was done by the company that applies a nano technology coating to. Are cell phones waterproof. It is $80 to do a phone, I imagine it would cost over $300 to do a DJI product. It won't fly out of the water, but it would protect it from accidental immersion.

This was done by the company that applies a nano technology coating to. Are cell phones waterproof. It is $80 to do a phone, I imagine it would cost over $300 to do a DJI product. It won't fly out of the water, but it would protect it from accidental immersion.
DSLR Pros/Liquipel have not been applying this to Phantoms for over two years now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj