Flying in or around Boston, MA

Would be fun to try it out on the Boston Common.
I flew at Boston Common I went late at night there wasn't too many people they were people skating on frog pond got some awesome footage and photos

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anybody out there in Wakefield? I was flying last night over Lake Quannapowitt after dusk when the unmistakable lights of another Phantom popped up from a nearby yard and flew over to say hello.
Yea fly in wakefield never flown over the lake I always fly at bear hill country club which is in Stoneham

Reactions: Timothy Irvin
Dude - that is some nice photography. Curious, did you get permission to fly in the city? My understanding is that Boston is a no-fly zone due to the airport.
0c2dad199e8e7e32783beacacac16da7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm very cautious and don't take it up high at all it's usually hovering above me?
Thanks by the way I'm really enjoying this.

I'm very cautious and don't take it up high at all it's usually hovering above me?
Thanks by the way I'm really enjoying this.

I hope I didn't come off as a jerk! You have some great shots and I'm kinda jealous :) The shot of the bridge in particular is really nice.
I'm actually in a similar situation in Dedham which is between 2 and 5 miles of Norwood airport.

I hope I didn't come off as a jerk! You have some great shots and I'm kinda jealous :) The shot of the bridge in particular is really nice.
I'm actually in a similar situation in Dedham which is between 2 and 5 miles of Norwood airport.

No of course not I didn't think that? I just called the FAA just to make sure I was doing the right thing. most important they said as long as I'm not near the airport flying above 400 feet and of course flying responsible and I am not using the drone for commercial use as long as it's recreational and I'm taking video and pictures for my personal use only. the Forum is great for sharing information and things like this for the most part everyone's been cool but of course you get some jerks now and then no pun attended! Anyway I think I'm gonna go flying need to find a new places it gets boring around my neighborhood get out there lets see some pictures and video! peace Brotha

No of course not I didn't think that? I just called the FAA just to make sure I was doing the right thing. most important they said as long as I'm not near the airport flying above 400 feet and of course flying responsible and I am not using the drone for commercial use as long as it's recreational and I'm taking video and pictures for my personal use only. the Forum is great for sharing information and things like this for the most part everyone's been cool but of course you get some jerks now and then no pun attended! Anyway I think I'm gonna go flying need to find a new places it gets boring around my neighborhood get out there lets see some pictures and video! peace Brotha

Just joined forum and was reading through and saw some of your work, great stuff ! I'm just west of route 495, are you aware of any "clubs in the area ?

Just joined forum and was reading through and saw some of your work, great stuff ! I'm just west of route 495, are you aware of any "clubs in the area ?
Hey thanks having a lot of fun with it I don't know of any type of clubs but if you find any let me know

I as well just got my P3 about a month ago (prob should've waited and saved for a P4) and am finally looking to get out there and explore the beautiful New England region.

I am just south of Lowell and am interested in meeting up with some people for flying!

I as well just got my P3 about a month ago (prob should've waited and saved for a P4) and am finally looking to get out there and explore the beautiful New England region.

I am just south of Lowell and am interested in meeting up with some people for flying!

I just got mine a few weeks ago, I'm in the Bolton area, maybe we can get together and fly sometime

are there laws/rules/regulations applying to flying over state parks in MA? Is it prohibited?

I've been flying my P3 and P2 for about 2 years all around the Boston area, typically by the coast as I like water shots. I'd be interested in meeting other pilots at scenic locations for some flying. Let me know if you're interested in getting together. I live in Arlington. Lots of my pics are on 500px.com/blphoto

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl