Flying in Chicago - What are the regulations?

Reaction score
I live less than 3 hours away from Chicago. I like to take the train there every couple months to have some fun but haven't felt comfortable bringing my Phantom 4 Pro out there because I don't know how officials or people out in the public will react. Some places I like to visit are Navy Pier, and Millennium Park, and Shedd Aquarium (basic tourist right?), but I want to know what the rules are for drones around those areas. I'm not looking to fly toward/over buildings or over city streets or over crowds. I'd just like to take some good aerial shots of the city and lake from an open area. I know it's hard in Chicago to not fly over crowds, but I will keep my distance. I checked DJI's No Fly Zone map but the areas I mentioned look free to fly in. Can anybody chime in? Thank you!

Lots of airports in Chicagoland. If you want to fly a particular place just ask the owner. I'd like to do the same. I live in southern illinois. Ken Heron on youtube does a lot of what your talking about. Check him out.

That would be sweet to find a good spot to fly some of those places you mentioned man. But isn't the Navy Pier right there very close to Naval Airport? If you are a hobbyist you can call the tower on most airports but not sure how that works with the military airport.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl