Flying between two bridges. Have you tried it?

Here's my recent shot. It was windy and can't lock the gps when it was under but gained some satellites when ascended. Hope you like it.

Practiced today on an open pier out over the Lake, my question is I found myself looking at the drone more than the camera screen, how much of your focus is on the screen compared to the drone itself ?

Any idea on that maybe ?

Reactions: Lhonskie18
Practiced today on an open pier out over the Lake, my question is I found myself looking at the drone more than the camera screen, how much of your focus is on the screen compared to the drone itself ?

Any idea on that maybe ?

Focus on the drone and let it be in between spaces if the obstacle is facing each other. Once your drone passes thru the obstacle, you may look at your monitor to check your composition. Enjoy!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Focus on the drone and let it be in between spaces if the obstacle is facing each other. Once your drone passes thru the obstacle, you may look at your monitor to check your composition. Enjoy!

If that is the case than Im not sure I understand the significance of flying backwards and having me as the focal point of the camera to focus on. What am i missing ? Thank you.

Reactions: Lhonskie18
If that is the case than Im not sure I understand the significance of flying backwards and having me as the focal point of the camera to focus on. What am i missing ? Thank you.

To get that shot above, you need to fly backwards. They call it dronie but this time you are flying between obstacles. Dronie is the same type of maneuver but no obstacles. In dronie, you can look at the monitor all the time. This pullback shot, you need to look at the drone all the time - the very reason why you have to be facing the drone/camera unless you can hide somewhere and fly straight.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

This really put it into perspective for me as to how watching the drone provides the edge.
the best part is the drone filming the other drone , that is something we hope to focus on this year, Piggy Black flying. What could go wrong flying one backward and the other forward, lol

This really put it into perspective for me as to how watching the drone provides the edge.
the best part is the drone filming the other drone , that is something we hope to focus on this year, Piggy Black flying. What could go wrong flying one backward and the other forward, lol

I know that swedish guy. He's good at that kind of maneuver. I wish i meet him here in Phuket so we can fly together. And also I can capture him doing that maneuver and vice versa.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl