FLYING ATI INDOORS

Reaction score
Hi guys, if im flying ati indoors but i see that my drone stars moving to the side even though im not pitching that way...would this be for a calibration issue of something, or is this normal?

Any air movement at all will cause the Phantom to drift. And in ATTI mode you will be making constant inputs to keep it where you want it. Even air coming from an air vent that you will barely feel will move the drone quite a bit.

Here's some indoor flying
http://youtu.be/VVGFbu_0pnU

I encountered quite a bit of drift indoors in atti mode. The compass and accelerometer are trying to keep it level and 'in the air' but the craft will drift in all other aspects. I hope this helps.

I P3P is also drifting inside without me putting in any input....
I saw other people posted videos with theirs stand still in a hover.
How can I do a test to see whether or not mine is working correctly?

I always think safety first and no way would I fly indoors with all those people around. Saw a couple of guys had to duck when a unit almost hit them. Na not for me.

Reactions: nynelyvz
I P3P is also drifting inside without me putting in any input....
I saw other people posted videos with theirs stand still in a hover.
How can I do a test to see whether or not mine is working correctly?

First you should be sure the drifting isn't caused by the craft itself. For example, if you're in a relatively small enclosed space and the props are pushing air around the room, that air can circle around and effect the aircraft's hover and push it, even if your Phantom is perfectly stable.

Can someone confirm this for me, I spoke to two different DJI techs this morning on my vision position system(VPS) issue when flying indoors, the first tech said the VPS only work on "F" mode....The second one said it should work on "A" mode because the "P and F" mode have GPS enabled and if I'm getting any drifting on "A" mode flying indoors I should send it in for inspection or return it to BB where I bought it....

The only thing that is bothering me, I have done some testing on my own like placing file on top of the aircraft while it is in "P" mode, it works in "P" mode when it's not getting any GPS signal and the manual also stated you of to be in "P" mode for the VPS to work
drone.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl