Flying at night

That's great. I had a cop return my P4 at 9pm one night. Long story of pilot error setting up Litchi mission. I have red, white and blue standalone strobes which can be fun flying over a speeding highway at night. I'm going to get busted yet.

I'd love to put blue strobes on my Phantom -- they have one of the best long-range visibility, and studies show they deter birds. However, the police switchboard would light up asking about the police drone and what it's doing. (I live in THAT type of town :) ) I don't want to give the police any (more) reasons to hunt me down. LOL

I'd love to put blue strobes on my Phantom -- they have one of the best long-range visibility, and studies show they deter birds. However, the police switchboard would light up asking about the police drone and what it's doing. (I live in THAT type of town :) ) I don't want to give the police any (more) reasons to hunt me down. LOL
Airman, Actually the blue is the least visable at night. Strobon site:
Colour Selection
Because of human eye's limitations, Every colour has different visibility and energy transfer rate.
Also, every LED colour has different chemical compounds and efficiency.
According to our experience in years;

WHITE : The best visibility and efficiency.
RED : 2th in the visibility, efficiency is same as white but the best for the warning.
GREEN : 3th in the visibility and efficiency. Best for Standard RED/GREEN (Left/Right) navigation usage.
BLUE : 4th in visibility and also efficiency. We are not suggesting this colour for warning or navigation but special usage.
Bottom line: White and Red is the best option if you need long range visible strobes. And you can use the green to identify your flying platform direction. Blue is only for special applications.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesmith1016