Flying At Night ?

Not trying to be a buzz kill (personally I think night flying is cool), but since nobody else mentioned it, just know FAA isn't real keen on drones flying at night.
Do you mean it is not allowed?
In the Netherlands you are only allowed to fly with day light. I expect this is the same in most countries?
Will DJI cover the warranty at night in case of an accident (due to an AC failure)?

in us in florida you can fly at night much better can see aircraft coming towards you I think its safer at night

What's the excitement of night flying? It seems fun over a city but otherwise you don't have much picked up in videos? What am I missing out on?
Forget the camera. Forget the tablet/phone. It's just fun to zip around! :D

Ever have friends over for BBQ and the sun sets, it's pretty impressive. But you better be careful of those trees!

flying at night is much easier to see your aircraft plus you can see planes coming in the distance cause sometimes they are flying lower than they should be plus can get some nice night shots

plus mine has awesome setup with leds so I can change colors or have it flash or just go crazy

Reactions: stulpin300m
Was wondering do any of you guys fly at night ? If so any tips or advice for doing so..
e05cc2b8267b031b17008179d32a0e4f.jpg
last night after the storm!!! Like flying at night it's very peaceful and don't draw people around u looking over your shoulder [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

that's what I'm talking about its relaxing plus people don't bother you as much

can shut them off have a remote for them

also doesn't effect battery time at all that I can tell

I think one of the reasons the FAA doesn't like night flying is most UAVS are invisible at night when looking down at them.

that might be true but mine isn't its the talk of the neighborhood ufo sightings

Reactions: riverphantom3
that should be rule for night flying have more lights on uav so can be seen

Forget the camera. Forget the tablet/phone. It's just fun to zip around! :D

Ever have friends over for BBQ and the sun sets, it's pretty impressive. But you better be careful of those trees!
I agree, there's a major fun factor when flying at night with the
LEDs shooting across the sky

should start new group nightflyers

I fly at night as often as I fly during the day.. iOS at about 200 shutter speed at 2 sec. Front lights off for good pics . Post processing with photoshop.
38c8846167eac199498354674585278e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GoodnNuff and eBird
plus at night can see screen real easy

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks
So the thin terminal for the battery slips through an air vent on the side and then just slips over the battery terminals correct? Do you really have to solder it or is a slip fit okay? Also does the extra thickness of the terminal effect the 'snugness' of the battery when inserted?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj