Flying around neighborhood

I fly around my neighborhood about 90% of my flights, but I tend to stay above 200 feet. I had some ******* neighbor fire off a few bottle rockets last night attempting to hit the Phantom. My secondary purpose of purchasing the P4 is to take aerial shots of over 250 properties (Gas Stations) that my company owns. A majority of these stations are in very dense areas with 4 lane roads and tons of obstructions and every shot I've taken from the ground sucks.

Is you phantom doing that what you intended to do, i do my best to make it a safe flight but In saying that i flay a lot above salt water and it will not stop me because of worries of losing my drone because I got it to make beautiful footage of Sydneys costal areas
I my opinion enjoy your drone and I don't think that is possible by keeping it in the box
Do everything right but if something happens it was meant to be and move to a newer model
All the best
Fly free
Wiiiuuuuuuu

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The main issue for me when flying high near home is to remember to move away a bit so that the RC signal is OK. The P4 antennas are in the legs and so vertical. When the aircraft is directly above you the antennas present their smallest profile downward, even with the RC antennas flat out parallel to the ground.

Once I got over the fear, my normal height is 120m (400ft) as the noise is minimised for others. I can get 700-900m from home surrounded by low trees, before the app reports a weak signal. Just make sure RTH is set for disconnections and if/when it returns home you watch it come down where you want and not onto your roof or a tree :)

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Its takes a while to get over the fear and trust your drown. But sometimes... just wing it:Dand say F.it

Attachments

• DJI_0018_optimized.jpg
    DJI_0018_optimized.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 365
Yes, I think that is key.....learn to trust your drone. After 20 or so uneventful flights, the Nervousness and jittering susides.I was a nervous wreck 1st 10 flights, uncontrollable shaking, but now after 100s I feel calm and at peace. Become 1 with the bird.

Also, I fly while connected to my home wifi network. Yesterday I attempted the Facebook live feed, which worked. But I don't recommend at least with att internet (slow). Vid was choppy and lagged about 10 secs when drone was 2000 ft away from home. But never a reception issue when I fly around my neibor hood and Kroger shopping center, and I know there's a ton of interference here.

Last edited:
I learn from others mistakes. Watch youtube drone crashes and do the opposite
Its likedriving a car the motor will fail or something brakes sooner or later but dont ever let that stop you having fun

I'm still scared to fly high hahaha. The highest I've been was 130 feet and I was grinding my teeth
You should add an additional 200' to your 130 feet when you are in the neighborhood or someone will complain and then you will feel bad for awhile. You'll eventually get complaints anyway though. (Been there)
Stay high and avoid confrontation with objects and people. ;)

I fly in my residential area all the time...... sometimes around 100' and other times at 400'. I haven't had any wifi issues at all (yet).... The further I fly, the higher I go.'Been almost a mile away (with visual contact) with no issues (yet). So far the neighbors haven't said anything, but some are sure interested. I just operate on the premise that I want happy neighbors so I do chat with them and show them pictures and video so they can see I'm not spying on them. If they treat me with respect, I'll definitely treat them with respect. I just let them know I am a licensed pilot, operating an FAA registered UAV legally under FAA Part 107, in approved airspace.

** But I also keep my concealed weapon holstered on my side LOL

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Seriously,you should not fly around any houses. You will annoy neighbours eventually and just think of the consequences should the aircraft crash into someone's property or even worse, hit an innocent person.
Phantom flying is a great hobby, use your common sense and don't spoil it for
Us other competent pilots.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I still do not understand why you all fly in neighborhoods. It will not come to a good ending. Get in your car and go where you will not piss off someone and get some worthwhile scenes to capture. It is not safe to fly in a populated area either. Until our hobby is most highly respected, by not flying in places that put us into these situations with neighbors etc, you should not be flying there.

Reactions: Dounin Front
I still do not understand why you all fly in neighborhoods. It will not come to a good ending. Get in your car and go where you will not piss off someone and get some worthwhile scenes to capture. It is not safe to fly in a populated area either. Until our hobby is most highly respected, by not flying in places that put us into these situations with neighbors etc, you should not be flying there.

There are a lot of places people fly in this leg of the hobby that I don't understand. It is the biggest reason that we have come to the point in the hobby that we have come to.

Maxxuav.com has the best products and customer service . With the Evo boosted kit with a DBS antenna gives me more range that I have battery . I highly recommend them .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4