fly phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
hi guys new to this can I fly without conecttin my phone to the drone I know I would not have the wifi bits but most of the time is to test it th/ks mike

hi guys new to this can I fly without conecttin my phone to the drone I know I would not have the wifi bits but most of the time is to test it th/ks mike
Yes,,,you won't have no telemitry either etc,ok to test but why,easy to set up with your device,,not having no info from app can get bit on the side of caution,,,,,,not want to sound silly but have you flown before or read the quick start guide or the manual so you know how they work,,,and welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
hi no I have not flown before . but have flown gliders on rc. looking at starts guide now on u tube as nun came with drone as it was used.and have down loaded the manuel th/ks.

I would recommend to read the manual at least 3 times to let all the info sink in

7C004416-1B36-4234-9B79-E46AED14C98E.jpeg
these aircraft are not Toys....you do yourself a great injustice by not educating yourself about your aircraft and control systems..The entire “Operations” manual can be viewed and downloaded on the Web.. Read it...Read it again..Read it as you learn the controls and functions.
Do short test flights in clear areas..Gain experience and promote safety...Be the Machine..Semper Fi to all my Brothers and Sisters in arms...!

Yes you can - in theory. However, you can only use the camera with the phone app, & you will rely on watching your drone rather then FPV [Ist person view - as seen from the drone]. In addition, auto take-off & landing are MUCH easier with the phone. The main thing, though, is that with the controller alone you can't be sure if yuor drone has engaged GPS mode. If it hasn't, you are likely to lose the drone or hurt somebody, as it is far less stable without GPS. The app also gives you low battery warnings & other information. If you are a new flier, I think it would be irresponsible to use the controller alone.

Reactions: Deezbs
Yes you can - in theory. However, you can only use the camera with the phone app, & you will rely on watching your drone rather then FPV [Ist person view - as seen from the drone]. In addition, auto take-off & landing are MUCH easier with the phone. The main thing, though, is that with the controller alone you can't be sure if yuor drone has engaged GPS mode. If it hasn't, you are likely to lose the drone or hurt somebody, as it is far less stable without GPS. The app also gives you low battery warnings & other information. If you are a new flier, I think it would be irresponsible to use the controller alone.
Agreed. This will work, I've done it. However, I would highly discourage you doing this as a newbie. Get a cheap syma first and get used to flying.

The main thing, though, is that with the controller alone you can't be sure if yuor drone has engaged GPS mode. If it hasn't, you are likely to lose the drone or hurt somebody, as it is far less stable without GPS.
Excellent point

flashing slowly in green you are in GPS mode,slowly yellow you are in ATTI mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers