Fly P4 w/ DJI GO, vs GO4?

Reaction score
Phormer Phantom Phlyer

A raw DJI P4 rookie here: DJI GO4 app says it is incompatible with my ASUS ME302 tablet, but I am able to install the GO app on that device. My question is: Can one successfully fly the P4 using the older DJI GO app? So far, I've been unable to break the code: just keep getting "DJI Go has stopped working" message during initial device/controller connection sequence.

Thanks for any assistance anyone might provide.

Reactions: FlashBuddy
Unless you can find someone on here who has suscessfully used that tablet, i would say it isnt powerfull enough. Options are limited, you are going to have to spend some money im afraid, try and get the best device you can, as the apps get bigger and have more features you need something that will last a while. Ios or android, there are a lot of arguments about which is better, search an ye shall find. Best of luck

Your device doesn't appear on the list of recommended tablets/phones so i suspect that you will need to upgrade to something that does to get the most out of your phantom. As Mallettron has mentioned, the dji apps are becoming more and more complex and require devices that can cope with that responsibility to keep your drone in the air.
As for running the GO app to operate your P4, I doubt you would be able to find and select your model from the drop down list and connect. The GO4 app is designed for P4 models and up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164