Fly or no to fly

Reaction score
So I am looking for some information on any rules and regulations I plan on visiting particular island in Maine and somebody before me had posted they would like to bring your drone out to the island to fly around and get some aerial footage.Few people have said no and some people don’t care some people said that the local people have drones on the island so it’s not a big deal to them.Someone has posted now please no drums on the islands website. What legal actions do they have to just post something on the website do they have any grounds of actually stopping people from flying on the island I know that there are some YouTube videos out there of some photos that people have already taken from their drones on the island.Also when I looked on AirMap’s it just shows a helicopter pad that is very slightly outlined in a number to call that is it nothing else.

Sounds like a go to me but I take chances often. If the website says "please no drones" it sounds more like a personal request than a "drones prohibited"

Reactions: ShaneG234
Sounds like a go to me but I take chances often. If the website says "please no drones" it sounds more like a personal request than a "drones prohibited"

I also take a risk and the reason I want to know about the laws if they have any of their favorite is because if they approach me on flying I can be prepared to let them know what their legal rights are what my legal rights are my family has had a house on this island since the early 1930s and they both lived out there so my whole family are basically grew up on that island.

I also take a risk and the reason I want to know about the laws if they have any of their favorite is because if they approach me on flying I can be prepared to let them know what their legal rights are what my legal rights are my family has had a house on this island since the early 1930s and they both lived out there so my whole family are basically grew up on that island.
Always a good idea to know your legal status! Hope all is fun flying in any event

I agree with others that it sounds like it's probably a go on this island I would make an attempt to contact that helipad just in case. And follow of course all the regular regulations and try not to be annoying to local people. In fact I would avoid them as much as possible.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor