Flight Simulator

Reaction score
Just wondered why you had to have the P3 'on' to use the Flight Sim ?

I understand that the Tx is used but why has the Quad on and run an extra cycle out of the battery ?

On a plus note this can be used for the 10/10 battery cycle theory when braking in a new battery and the weather is bad. :mad:

Not actually used the simulator yet to be honest, but yes it is only on the ios app at the moment i believe.

To answer the original question, yes - you have to have the P3 on as well to run the simulator. Please remember to leave the props OFF when inside just in case. After you end the simulation session, you have to restart the phantom before you can fly as a safety precaution.

I did find the simulator very very helpful before my first flight. As I get further along, I'm sure I'll want to practice certain moves before particular flights and could see it helpful then also.

Chris

I, for one, was really disappointed to learn I had to actually have my Phantom powered on to run the simulator. I was looking forward to practice as I rode the train to work and other spare moments. You'd think they could have written it such that it didn't require communication with the actual Phantom to function.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers