Flight Results after Firmware 1.8

3 Batteries so far with the new update. 2 batteries used in 12 to 15 mph winds with no problems other than a slight drift during a gust! Also used with my mapping software on those 2 windy flights and still worked great.

It seems I have a bad contact between camera flat cable and connectors on gimbal & camera module. I unplugged and plugged cable and there is no No Signal warning any more (tested on 1 flight). Please disregard my last post.
How did you develop loose connection in your gimbal? Any hit?

There is something different with satellite locking after update to 1.8. It takes much longer to switch to green safe to fly GPS and I've noticed some satellite lock drops during initial part of flights. Haven't done too much testing since it is very windy for last 10 days but status going from green to yellow during flight makes me nervous starting Litchi mission.

So far probably most stable update since purchasing the P3P. Had maybe some issues with range in high interference area like in city , normally I can get at least 500M to 1000M no problem but I was losing video at 300M in same area I always fly. Could also be the KPindex is 3 when I normally fly when it's 1. I have to do more tests but the quad is so stable, no more occaisional issues with mild vibrations with the gimbal...So far A+

Getting more satellites (was 14 ish) now 20.

No problem with distance or speed.

Agree satellite acquisition is faster and have more. Seem to have slight more speed on ascent and descent...not by much though.

I believe the KPIndex has a lot to do with range issues today with my test of the new firmware. KPindex is now 4 and usually I test when it's 1 in same area...anyways..4 flights now and seems like a great update., I can' t believe how solid my P3P is now, zero drift in GPS mode even with wind.

Just a little heads up. I have to cache all maps after iOS 2.7.2 update, had none in the field today just a white grid. No sim card in ipad mini 3, Other than that all seems good.

You might try the trick I use. If you have an iPhone (and possible other versions) you can create a HOTSPOT with the iPhone and the link you iPad to the phone via WiFi and you are in business. Hope that helps.

You might try the trick I use. If you have an iPhone (and possible other versions) you can create a HOTSPOT with the iPhone and the link you iPad to the phone via WiFi and you are in business. Hope that helps.
Thanks Lightning, Have an Android phone and checked into it and your are correct. Had to set it up for a mobile hot spot and now can connect my ipad to lg phone for data connections, works good. I don't enjoy flying with out maps.

I have been flying regularly everyday and I feel is a stable release.

First time ever for me that I had no issues updating ALL the firmware. Took the bird out on a test flight of 1 hour and did not have any problems ( that was a first too ). Like the new look GUI too.

Half a dozen flights and great results...I had one episode when RC started beeping and stated I needed RC calibration then it resolved itself on its own...never occured before so dont' know what that was all about...any ideas?

The only negative I have found is that the Custom White Balance reverts to 6000 K.

I'm on 1.3.2 and considering this update. I know some updates between 1.3.2 and this one have limited range and other issues. Have those been corrected? Is it a bad idea to update?

I guess what I really am wanting to know is what to expect if I upgrade. Pros and cons
That's the reason I'm watching this thread. If the "improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic" gives a noticeable improvement in flight, I'll upgrade. Otherwise, the new features in the release notes for this and the previous upgrade appear to solve problems that I don't have (with 1.6.0040).

It's been working great for me but I have nothing to compare it to because I got mine 4 days ago and upgraded to 1.8 right out of the box. The only thing I've noticed is that on one flight, it kept switching between "Safe to Fly - GPS" and "Safe to Fly - Non GPS" during flight even though it showed 14 to 15 satellites the whole time. I recalibrated the IMU, gimbal, and compass and the only two flights I've run since then have been fine. Keeping my eye on it.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl