Flight reports only, FW 1.5.30

What firmware is on your long range bird?
I made the mistake of updating both of my new P3A's one of them is new I can send it back still. The range is there on the new firmware it was great when it works but there's no consistency it work twice yesterday flawlessly and it's been messed up ever since.

Has anything else changed in your setup? it appears that you posted on Thursday that you flew 4 miles out at 171ft with this firmware (1.5.3) and said everything was fine.
It worked fine then everything went to hell today. I had to half mile flights where I lost video and it never came back I switch controllers same issue reinstall the firmware works fine at my house the install was successful went back out to where I fly and I can't even get the thing to take off and I have a constant beeping sound. Bad day

Ok so seems all are in agreement this new firmware is the bomb ( in a good way ) but as im still running ios8 due to the whole ios9 and dji go issues thing
Im checking are all who say this is a great update using ios 9 or 8 don't want to go up to 9 and not be able to get back
For me, 8 is Gone With the Wind -- I have been on 9 for over a month with minimal issues, if any.

It worked fine then everything went to hell today. I had to half mile flights where I lost video and it never came back I switch controllers same issue reinstall the firmware works fine at my house the install was successful went back out to where I fly and I can't even get the thing to take off and I have a constant beeping sound. Bad day

So the firmware worked... and it works at your home... but it's automatically the firmware that is the issue?

So the firmware worked... and it works at your home... but it's automatically the firmware that is the issue?
Did you take the bin file off the SD card?

So, I'm hearing two things that make me think here. One is that the batteries are not as hot after flight - and that the motors are quieter. This can only mean that they changed the ESC motor controller firmware to make the motors more efficient. Noise indicates power loss..and vibration in the motors would conduct into the plastic frame and make noise. Vibration and associated noise is actual electrical energy converted into sound. 97+% of the energy from the batteries is going to spin the motors. If they are cooler, the motors have to be drawing less current....which concurs the ESC FET controller firmware upgrade. If this theory is true, flight times should be increased.

What are you guys getting?
There is another active thread regarding vibration after updating. 5 different people have now reported this vibration. This post from @RF Guy piqued my interest. If there were a change to ESC motor controller firmware, I wonder if that could be causing inconsistencies resulting in vibration.

Updated FW went fine. Restarted bird and RC, went through the RC and camera updates. The RC updated fine but the camera update locked up (actually was un-selectable option). Was getting a green distorted screen that flickered. Rebooted GO app. And the "update camera" warning went away. Recal'ed everything.

Flew the phantom around after. Little bit of slow drifting (10 ' to the left of home point). Otherwise fine.

Updated FW went fine. Restarted bird and RC, went through the RC and camera updates. The RC updated fine but the camera update locked up (actually was un-selectable option). Was getting a green distorted screen that flickered. Rebooted GO app. And the "update camera" warning went away. Recal'ed everything.

Flew the phantom around after. Little bit of slow drifting (10 ' to the left of home point). Otherwise fine.
Windy? Maybe causing drift.

Ran some tests today after installing the new firmware and found no issues. Installation went well for both the bird and controller, the bird handles very good, excellent response time and no video lag using an android Tab 4 and P3A.

Attachments

• Looking SE.jpg
    Looking SE.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 293
  • Quiet Sunday in Mauston.jpg
    Quiet Sunday in Mauston.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 271
Last edited:
So, I'm hearing two things that make me think here. One is that the batteries are not as hot after flight - and that the motors are quieter. This can only mean that they changed the ESC motor controller firmware to make the motors more efficient. Noise indicates power loss..and vibration in the motors would conduct into the plastic frame and make noise. Vibration and associated noise is actual electrical energy converted into sound. 97+% of the energy from the batteries is going to spin the motors. If they are cooler, the motors have to be drawing less current....which concurs the ESC FET controller firmware upgrade. If this theory is true, flight times should be increased.

What are you guys getting?
I thought that also.And maybe we can replace the old motors with the new ones.

Yeah it's the firmware I tried an Android and iPad device two different controllers 3 different batteries and now that I rolled back - 1.41 it hasn't given me any issues yet. Hopefully I am good now.

went out today and got two more flights.
flys like an old Buick.
not one problem noted.

Update p3p and the rc
No problems in flight
Vibration noticed when landing and hoovering after take off
otherwise updated ok

Yeah it's the firmware I tried an Android and iPad device two different controllers 3 different batteries and now that I rolled back - 1.41 it hasn't given me any issues yet. Hopefully I am good now.
How did you roll back?? Just pop in sd with 1.41 on it?? Keep controller the on 5.7 and app obviously the same

I am latest IOS on mini 2 and latest firmwares from DJI. Flew three batteries yesterday with no issues. Everything still works great as always on my P3A.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers